Gamer headset with microphone

Associate
Dear forum Users!

I want to buy a new gamer headset. In a few sentences I describe what I want.

- I will use headphones for games, music, and video.
- I would like a Circumaural headphones
- It would be grateful if the headphones has a built in microphone
- Price max. 150 £

Which headphones do you recommend?

Soldato
I guess for around £150, the best choice is possibly Sennheiser GSP500. Might be a bit more than £150 though.

Sennehsier do make some good headsets, but they are usually quite expensive.

HyperX Cloud Alpha's are a good solid choice for around half that at about £80.

Associate
OP
I guess for around £150, the best choice is possibly Sennheiser GSP500. Might be a bit more than £150 though.

Sennehsier do make some good headsets, but they are usually quite expensive.

HyperX Cloud Alpha's are a good solid choice for around half that at about £80.
What do you think about Xtrfy H1 ?

Soldato
Not heard of it until now. Gets a decent review on Trustedreviews. They rate it better than the HyperX Cloud II, but I've seen people say the Cloud Alpha's are a step up over the Cloud II, so there may not be so much difference between the H1 and Alpha's. I don't know that though.

Associate
If you're not fuss about separate wires, seen a lot of people recommend getting audiophile headphone like Audio technica ATH m40x or m50x for example and pair it with AntLion Mod-Mic which can be attached to the headphone.

Soldato
If you're not fuss about separate wires, seen a lot of people recommend getting audiophile headphone like Audio technica ATH m40x or m50x for example and pair it with AntLion Mod-Mic which can be attached to the headphone.

Or just the one cable for everything is possible with M50X.

1 - Audio Technica M50X
2 - Vention 3.5mm Female to 2.5mm Male Audio Adapter Converter Premium Quality Headphone Earphone Headset 2.5mm to 3.5mm 3 Ring Jack Stereo or Mono 2 Pack
3 - Vmoda Boom Pro Mic

£142 all in. Can add a mic cover/filter. The right size ones for the Vmoda are: Tetra-Teknica MNWS5P Mini-size Lapel Microphone Windscreen, Color Black, 5-Pack. These have a smaller opening than most other minis and are shorter in length which is good for the shape/size of the particular mic.

Either the Modmic 5.0 or Vmoda mic sound much better than the Xtrfy mic going by sound tests on youtube.

Back
Top Bottom