Borderlands

Soldato
I think I am level 27 now.

I might have a character in that range - add me on Steam (Psymonkee, avatar is an Extra Life logo) and I'll see if we can shoot stuff together! :)

I was getting stuck at the fight with the assassins. I've not played Kreig myself but I've been told that you don't actually need any weapons for him.

Play as him! Flips the whole game on it's head with the approach you need to take. Mostly you shoot, run for cover, lob grenades etc? Nah not Krieg! Runs headlong into everything laughing manically while he does it! :D

Associate
Ooo really hope he does announce something at the game awards. Really looking forward to 3!

Managed to do the final vbos in Presequal last night... With hubby's much needed help! Wow, that was tough!

Caporegime
This weekend on Steam they had the "Handsome Collection" on sale which means I forked out just under £4 for a bunch of head and costume skins that were missing from my collection. However, they only seemed to be for Borderlands 2. Does the Pre-Sequel not have such extras or were they all included in the season pass? I can't recall.

Soldato
The discount on The Handsome Collection is such nonsense. Was £154, now £10.54; 93% off. Pretty sure it wasn't more than £50 at launch :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I keep thinking about this game from time to time. It's always installed on my PC but there's many other games that need playing first. I remember I was in the middle of TPS playing Lady Hammerlock with her ice shard. Still never played as Handsome Jack or Claptrap yet. Many, many hours more gameplay to be had. I was expecting Borderlands 3 to have been announced by now but I guess all the trouble with Randy has put it on the backburner for a while.

Soldato
Rumour mill says a 'big project' from Take 2 is to be released this coming financial year (Apr 19 - Mar 20) and is speculated to be BL3.

Not heard much about the legal bother Randy is in but honestly that's the way it should be - handled by courts/lawyers etc and not trial by twitter!

Caporegime
Had a really good go at TPS today. Couldn't put it down, I might be enjoying it even more than Borderlands 2 at this point. Lady Hammerlock's frost diadem is a great power. Particles are flying everywhere. Total chaos! It might be a tad overpowered even though I'm only level 17.

The best thing is flying around the map using your Oz booster. I shall miss that when I go back to the other games.

Associate
Had a really good go at TPS today. Couldn't put it down, I might be enjoying it even more than Borderlands 2 at this point. Lady Hammerlock's frost diadem is a great power. Particles are flying everywhere. Total chaos! It might be a tad overpowered even though I'm only level 17.

The best thing is flying around the map using your Oz booster. I shall miss that when I go back to the other games.

TPS is a lot of fun and the new mechanics give a nice fresh spin on things. Towards the end I found it got a bit repetitive and I couldn't do the end boss to save my life! But had a blast with it though!

Caporegime
Yeah, I’ve got in a bit of a pickle now on the way to the final area. There’s an arena battle which Lady A’s powers aren’t helping with and neither are my guns. :p So I e decided to start from the beginning as Wilhelm this time.

Caporegime
Huzzah! Went back to Lady Hammerlock and cheesed the area I was stuck on simply by hiding in the doorway. Then reached the end boss which wasn’t too bad at all. Took me about two deaths and then did it on third go. That’s TPS finished with her now. Going to play a couple more times as I want to get loads of skill points for Wilhelm to see what his drones are capable of in True Vault Hunter Mode. Fate was smiling on me as I got the legendary class mod for Wilhelm from Aurelia’s end fight.

Oh. I only got one legendary gun and one legendary grenade mod in the entire playthrough.

Last edited:
Associate
I tried to like TPS, I just found the characters uninteresting or annoying. I don't think it helped that I played claptrap, so I didn't know if my ability was going to be good or I was going to **** myself.

Back
Top Bottom