Warning: Spoilers ahead ***Avengers: Endgame - Official Thread!***

Caporegime
Plenty of SW fans and critics alike felt that Solo was pointless, and far from a "good story". Even so, Han is a hugely popular and important character in that universe. And though he ultimately dies (at the actor's insistence), he had already played a huge role in that saga. Does Widow carry the same clout in the MCU?

Edit: Furthermore, all previous movies in the MCU have had some context or importance to future movies. This will have none and be very much a stand alone project in that regard. Personally, I just don't have the desire for it.
I’d imagine it’ll cover her transformation from Spy and Assassin to Agent of Shield. Likely Hawkeye will be there and maybe Fury too in some capacity. Perhaps even a de-aged Robert Redford too. And, I’d guess, have a trip to Budapest.

Caporegime
I’d imagine it’ll cover her transformation from Spy and Assassin to Agent of Shield. Likely Hawkeye will be there and maybe Fury too in some capacity. Perhaps even a de-aged Robert Redford too. And, I’d guess, have a trip to Budapest.

Thing is, Black Widow is about to start filming and none of the actors you mentioned are part of the cast

They may make cameos but won't be in the bulk of the movie.

Soldato
I think, given shes dead, its too late for an origin story, I feel now Phase 4 is on the way and we're looking at them starting to bring the multiverse into things, I think we're going to see a lot more quantity over quality..

Caporegime
We're in interesting times with Phase 4, as now Disney have the rights to X-men and Fantastic Four, via Disney.

The characters we know from the movies will now be explored on Disney+ as limited run TV shows.

Loki
Vision and Scarlett Witch
Falcon (Captain 'no powers' America?) and Winter Soldier
Hawkeye

The movies will focus on people who still have movie deals, likely:

Black Panther
Dr Strange
Guardians
Captain Marvel

And then some new bits like 'The Eternals'

Soldato
So we're pretty much being setup for different threads in the Multiverse then?
AoS have had Coulson, yet he died in the MCU, he is also now dead in AoS but apparently GC is back next season as a different character.
Loki, dead in the prime timeline, Vision, dead in the prime timeline, Blackwidow, dead in the prime timeline..

I can see it getting messy and disjointed...

Caporegime
So we're pretty much being setup for different threads in the Multiverse then?
AoS have had Coulson, yet he died in the MCU, he is also now dead in AoS but apparently GC is back next season as a different character.
Loki, dead in the prime timeline, Vision, dead in the prime timeline, Blackwidow, dead in the prime timeline..

I can see it getting messy and disjointed...
Is that Glark Cregg?

Although they haven't done much in terms of crossover since season one both MCU and AoS exist in the same universe.

Soldato
The characters we know from the movies will now be explored on Disney+ as limited run TV shows.

Loki
Vision and Scarlett Witch
Falcon (Captain 'no powers' America?) and Winter Soldier
Hawkeye

Wow, I can't wait for.... Er, actually I'll wait.

I think I read somewhere that Nova is gonna show up somewhere, and was originally going to be in Infinity War.

Soldato
Is that Glark Cregg?

Although they haven't done much in terms of crossover since season one both MCU and AoS exist in the same universe.

:lol: yeah
Are we sure MCU and AoS are the same universe, given how much of a part of SHEILD he was and how his death was the catalyst for getting the Avengers together, he literally hasn't been mentioned since Loki killed him he went on holiday to Hawaii, nothing, zip, nadda.. apparently the helicarrier from AoU was something to do with AoS but I haven't watched it in a while and am waaay behind...

Soldato
That's because it doesn't have an impact on you :)

Seen the film twice now,would watch again :p

Nah, my wife pointed it out as particularly clunky and borderline insulting to her as a (true) feminist. Like she was getting a pat on the head for being a woman. Girl Powa! (which she's always found a patronising phrase).

Caporegime
:lol: yeah
Are we sure MCU and AoS are the same universe, given how much of a part of SHEILD he was and how his death was the catalyst for getting the Avengers together, he literally hasn't been mentioned since Loki killed him he went on holiday to Hawaii, nothing, zip, nadda.. apparently the helicarrier from AoU was something to do with AoS but I haven't watched it in a while and am waaay behind...

It absolutely is, Lady Sif has been in it, as has Agent Hill and Nick Fury, but sadly Season 1 was where all the crossovers started and ended. There's some sort of disagreement between the Showrunners at CBS and the Movie guys but there hasn't even been a mention of either MCU in AoS or AoS in the MCU. The only real 'crossover' there's been was the actor who played Jarvis in Agent Carter also plays Jarvis in the scene where Tony meets his Dad.

Caporegime
Loved this film. Watched it today A fitting ending. Had it all but not too much of anything. Very few issues for me it the gf watching.

And to think I thought GoT would be good and this not!

Soldato
Saw this last night

I'm confused about a lot of things. If Captain America stayed in the past to live a life with agent carter, doesn't that mean he couldn't have done all the things he did with the avengers? Yet he was sat on the bench at the end of the film and everyone knew him?

Basically he created his own new timeline

Overall I think it was above average, but a few things I didn't like. Fat Thor and cute hulk??? Marvel flying through a ship yet all the women had to help her across the battlefield.....mmmmm

Would have loved to have seen an angry hulk Vs thanos rematch

Last edited:
Don
I'm confused about a lot of things. If Captain America stayed in the past to live a life with agent carter, doesn't that mean he couldn't have done all the things he did with the avengers? Yet he was sat on the bench at the end of the film and everyone knew him?

This isn't "Back to the future" :)

As I understand it rather than it directly affecting the timeline, the timeline fractures and a new duplicate strand is created

Soldato
Saw this opening weekend and I enjoyed it.....not as much as infinity wars...but it was good.

Stuff I did not enjoy :

1)Professor Hulk......part of Hulk's charm is his lack of control.....Banner's consciousness IMO waters down interest in him. Hence he had a weak outing in this film. Pretty much the only Marvel film where he felt boring.
2)Start was a little slow.....I was not that interested in seeing society trying to move on after the 'snap'. I think the gravity of the situation was pretty evident without watching people in support groups
3)Forced female power scene. They had one of these in Infinity War.....this was was a little too obvious..

I feel a little sympathy for the following Spiderman movie.....I dont see how you can top the events and consequences of infinity wars. It is probably going to feel a little flat and inconsequential .

I am also wondering what they can do with the next phase. I do not have much knowledge of the Marvel Universe, but trumping the events in the Infinity stone story line has to be a touch act to follow. I am sure those in the know can educate me on this, but where do they go next with this?

Back
Top Bottom