Alabama outlaws abortion . . .

Capodecina
Soldato
25 white male Republicans vote to ban abortion in Alabama, even following rape or if the pregnancy results from an incestuous "relationship" (LINK).

A common justification for prohibiting incest is avoiding inbreeding. Inbreeding can lead to insanity.

It is not clear whether any of the 25 white Republican males are sane.

Commissario
Was it one of the Alabama republicans who claimed that ectopic pregnancies would have to have the embryo removed from the Fallopian tubes and re-implanted in the uterus?
Apparently it's a medical advance that has completely caught the professionals by surprise as none of them have ever heard of that procedure.

Mind you I think it was the Missouri republicans who had a member of their state senate who described most rapes as being of a type that included consensual rape.

Soldato
Yet again the US is much more complicated than nanny state - live on each others doorstep - Britain. It's equivalent to the united states of europe. So go and tell italy or spain etc that their policies are not up to your standards.

Permabanned
Nobody who uses the term "white male" is credible.
Men are parents too, even white ones.

You might not agree with them, I don't either, but labelling their race and gender as if that means their point isn't valid is weak.

Soldato
Abortions shouldn't be necessary in a modern society (medical complications aside), birth control is effectively free, all it shows is a lack of responsibility from all parties involved. I think over a million abortions are performed a year in the US? An absolute tiny proportion of those would be from incest/rape. There is definitely a moral arguement to be had against the procedure being used, you are essentially killing a life, unless you're prepared to define what stage in a babys development it isnt a life.

The rape/incest angle is always argued in cases of abortion, it's a fallacy to use this absolute minority of cases and apply it all abortions performed.

There is a case for both sides of this and it's a complicated issue, with how easy this is to avoid via birth control its ultimately a failure on the part of the parents.

Caporegime
Abortions shouldn't be necessary in a modern society (medical complications aside), birth control is effectively free, all it shows is a lack of responsibility from all parties involved. I think over a million abortions are performed a year in the US? An absolute tiny proportion of those would be from incest/rape. There is definitely a moral arguement to be had against the procedure being used, you are essentially killing a life, unless you're prepared to define what stage in a babys development it isnt a life.

The rape/incest angle is always argued in cases of abortion, it's a fallacy to use this absolute minority of cases and apply it all abortions performed.

There is a case for both sides of this and it's a complicated issue, with how easy this is to avoid via birth control its ultimately a failure on the part of the parents.

People did it anyway, just far more dangerously and created a subculture if black market doctors.

You won’t stop it, but you will definitely make it worse, also if you want to go back to child abandonment as well... Which will undoubtedly increase, that’s clearly cool aswell?

The fact is, if you want to stop this, you have to make the mothers/fathers better or support the children the parents didn’t want. Far too many times these prolife people stop giving a **** once the baby is born... then it instantly turns into how best to profit off of it.

Why are these states also the ones with the highest death sentences per capita? Not very pro life at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yet again the US is much more complicated than nanny state - live on each others doorstep - Britain. It's equivalent to the united states of europe. So go and tell italy or spain etc that their policies are not up to your standards.

The EU try :D

Associate
I sometimes wonder if the hand maids tales isnt far off what could happen to America in the future........ I mean sure thats a leap but seems to be going backwards a tad in a lot of states.

Back
Top Bottom