Best Grand Prix in Europe

Soldato
It is the best Grand Prix to attend though... if im going to be sat at one corner for an entire race anywhere on the calendar it's going to be 'tabac/louis chiron', there's not a better sight in motorsport than an F1 car creaming it through that section.

giphy.gif

Granted it may not deliver in terms of overtaking or close racing but when you're sat at one corner for an entire GP you miss most of the drama anyway and its generally a nightmare to keep track of everything that's going on like you would be able to from the comfort of your sofa at home. I find most people go to F1 events just to see F1 cars driving on the limit rather than in the hope of seeing lots of overtaking etc... hence why you regularly see packed out stands on parts of the track where there are never going to be overtakes.

On top of that its obviously a stunning location and just a great place to visit provided you don't mind dipping into your life savings :p

There's a reason why everyone involved in F1 looks forward to it so much, it may seem underwhelming to some people on TV but in person it's utterly amazing. Im a sucker for F1 cars driving round street tracks though, I adore Singapore as well.

I’ve sat there for a Grand Prix, and it was rubbish. The drivers drove almost as slowly as the Porsche Cup race before then, and brakes later. Only one driver raced hard, and that was Kimi after a late puncture gave him a tyre change and he could drive freely.

Associate
I’ve sat there for a Grand Prix, and it was rubbish. The drivers drove almost as slowly as the Porsche Cup race before then, and brakes later. Only one driver raced hard, and that was Kimi after a late puncture gave him a tyre change and he could drive freely.

Well that sucks for you but i've attended 5 times in total with the first being back in 97 and most recent being 2016 and and each time there have been cars driving on the limit through tabac, of course you have plenty of times during the race where people aren't driving close to the limit but that's same at countless tracks. Im guessing you went in 2013 if you're talking about a Kimi puncture ?

Soldato
i have done spa for 6 years in a row and last year decided it was or had got lame, the racing seen is minimal. Wanted to do Monza this year that always pleases

Soldato
Well that sucks for you but i've attended 5 times in total with the first being back in 97 and most recent being 2016 and and each time there have been cars driving on the limit through tabac, of course you have plenty of times during the race where people aren't driving close to the limit but that's same at countless tracks. Im guessing you went in 2013 if you're talking about a Kimi puncture ?

Sounds about right. I think that race was a notoriously slow one (Rosberg).

Back
Top Bottom