Windows 10 1903 ready for download

Soldato
Sandbox on this 'old' i7 2600k 2011 machine takes about 13secs to get to desktop, and then a further 10 seconds for the start menu to actually work/appear. Clicking on it when the desktop appears does bugger all at first.

Associate
Maybe it was just the first time it ran, I didn't time it but sure it was over a minute. Just loaded it again and took 14secs to get to desktop, this in on a 3770. Will have to get it 1903 loaded on my laptop with 6core/M.2 drive and see how it compares.

Soldato
Might try update to this tonight. I hate how I set my PC to download through the night, I wake up and check in morning to see nothing open, the PC has evidently restarted due to updated, drives me mad!

Associate
A note for anyone who uses VirtualBox; don't activate Sandbox mode as this enables Hyper-V which renders VBox guests unusable.

Other than that the update has gone very smoothly for me and I've seen no issues at all so far.

Man of Honour
Installed it on my work surfacebook 2 today. Took a while, but all running smoothly.

I've recently discarded classic shell and started using Windows 10 Start and organised my apps into grouped sections on the right pane.

Works really well and I do like some of the new features in the revised Start menu.

Will update my main home PC after editing finishes for some client work!

Soldato
Do RSAT tools install and work ok? Thinking of getting it installed on my work PC earlier this time for testing

My home PC I'm not too bothered I'll just leave it to install it itself

Associate
Nvidia Control Panel closes as soon as I try to adjust brightness, contrast or gamma.

Uninstalled driver with DDU then installed the latest driver 430.64. NVCP seemed to work again until I rebooted.

Soldato
Where is 1903!!

One PC, my oldest (Intel Core i7 920), pick it up yesterday but my Lenovo Yoga, and 2 other PCs 2-3 years old still say "up to date" on 1809 when I click check for updates.

Ah well - keep clicking! I don't want to install outside of Windows Update.

Mel

Soldato
OP
Where is 1903!!

One PC, my oldest (Intel Core i7 920), pick it up yesterday but my Lenovo Yoga, and 2 other PCs 2-3 years old still say "up to date" on 1809 when I click check for updates.

Ah well - keep clicking! I don't want to install outside of Windows Update.

Mel

It is being rolled out in phases so you might have to wait a few days/weeks.

Soldato
I don't actually have any SD cards attached.
It claims in the small print is can apply to internal drives also.
Or indeed it might be due to the assignment of drive letters to drives that have not plugged into them.
My dell 2407 monitor has a hub with various sd card readers as part of it, i will try to disco that and see if it allows it.

Caporegime
So far I've noticed two issues.
Night Mode doesn't seem to work anymore? (This is on my Ultrabook and Surface 3 pro)
Also, Onedrive crashes when you try to edit the path (Consistent on my desktop and my Surface 3 pro)

Back
Top Bottom