Windows 10 1903 ready for download

Soldato
I don't actually have any SD cards attached.
It claims in the small print is can apply to internal drives also.
Or indeed it might be due to the assignment of drive letters to drives that have not plugged into them.
My dell 2407 monitor has a hub with various sd card readers as part of it, i will try to disco that and see if it allows it.

I had same issue, fact is, it's not ready for general use if you have USB hubs etc, we have to wait until they get that fixed, if you have a simple laptop then you should be good to go, but most of us have desktop PCs with various USB devices , hubs etc so wait until the later version/build has these issues fixed, only other solution is clean install with all USB devices/hubs removed etc, most of us don't want to do that.
Anyway I'll wait until they fine tune it to work with USB devices etc.... A little ironic since USB devices have been around for decades, guess Microsoft miss the ball on that part of testing lol...All the other previous builds had no issues with my PC with regards to USB etc and my PC has been the same for decade or so(yes it's due for a major upgrade).

My personally opinion is it's not ready for general release.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had same issue, fact is, it's not ready for general use if you have USB hubs etc, we have to wait until they get that fixed, if you have a simple laptop then you should be good to go, but most of us have desktop PCs with various USB devices , hubs etc so wait until the later version/build has these issues fixed, only other solution is clean install with all USB devices/hubs removed etc, most of us don't want to do that.
Anyway I'll wait until they fine tune it to work with USB devices etc.... A little ironic since USB devices have been around for decades, guess Microsoft miss the ball on that part of testing lol....

My personally opinion is it's not ready for general release.

I pulled the lead to the monitor usb, updated, and it worked fine.
Shoved the USB lead to the monitor back in and all is well.

Soldato
I pulled the lead to the monitor usb, updated, and it worked fine.
Shoved the USB lead to the monitor back in and all is well.

My monitor has no USB on it, I can't be bothered to start messing around with all my USB devices and I have a lot ie well over ten USB devices.

It's just Microsoft being sloppy, in fact never had this issue on any of my Windows OS or previous Win10 builds so that says a lot about this new build. They can't expect the general public to start troubleshooting all their USB devices ( unless they pay me) .

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a similar issue on mine. A small FitBit USB dongle was causing Win10 to spend upto 1min booting up. Device manager also showed a driver error that I couldn't resolve, yet all this time previously it was fine. At the same time windows security centre was also broken.

Upgrading to 1903 solved all my issues outlined above.

Soldato
@Mel_P not sure what you mean mate? I upgraded to 1903 using the tool and it's been perfect.

I like some of the little tweaks to the UI, boot logo and folder interface they have made too. :)

Soldato
I decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the ISO. Despite being run with admin credentials, it terminates saying it requires an admin account. It really shouldn't require admin credentials to download an ISO.

Soldato
@Mel_P not sure what you mean mate? I upgraded to 1903 using the tool and it's been perfect. I like some of the little tweaks to the UI, boot logo and folder interface they have made too. :)

I thought (think) that MS tweaks the update with feedback from how it performs on different computers and it only offers the update when the system thinks it will install OK. I may be completely wrong of course!

Mel

Soldato
I thought (think) that MS tweaks the update with feedback from how it performs on different computers and it only offers the update when the system thinks it will install OK. I may be completely wrong of course!

Mel

Yeah don't think that's the case. They have betas and insider previews etc for all the testing.

Official releases like this, usually all the bugs are ironed out pretty well.

Soldato
I was stuck on 1803 for a long time due to the updates rolling back every time. Finally found out it was an IIS service causing the errors. I then couldn't remove the application because it was in use. Finally fixed the issue and have a shiny new version installed :D

Soldato
Audigy 2 ZS and Auzentech X-Fi Prelude which both produce no sound with the 1903 update.
My X-Fi Titanium (non-HD) had some drivers released from Creative in late March. You may see some soon, but they seem slightly resentful about old soundcards.
There will be a driver released very soon. Received an update from the team and it looks like within this week. THanks for the patience! There's a LOT of work to do under the hood for these cards (that are 10 years old).
That was 8 days ago and still no update as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom