**** The Official OnePlus 5 Thread ****

Soldato
I was having a few problems getting my OP5 to charge of late. The phone just wouldn't go onto Fast Charge and then this week the connector was barely staying fast and kept coming out. I was worried that the phone would take ages to charge on the slow charge and that eventually the connector wouldn't stay. I'm hopeful of getting either the OP7 or OP7 Pro next week/soon but wanted to have a bit of freedom and time before I had to upgrade. I reckoned there must be some dust and fluff in the charging port that was causing the fast charge not to work and the connector to have a loose connection. I couldn't see too much but got a pair of angled tweerers from my PC screwdriver kit and eventually was pulling out lots of dust and fluff. Technically it didn't weigh much but there was lots of it. Once I spotted a very dark grey blob of dust and removed it, I tried the cable and found the phone's LED went blue, started charging quickly and the connector stayed put! Amazing how much chaos some dust can cause.

Soldato
Had to let a level 2 tech gain remote access to my PC, so he could factory reset my 5T - the rear camera has stopped working after most recent update.

Phone wiped, latest OS & updates installed and it hasn't fixed the issue.

Phone is 13 months old - what are the odds of pushing for a replacement phone (I'd happily pay extra to update to a 6T or 7)?

I've loved stepping away from Samsung (previous phone was a much loved and Frankenstein'd Note 4) and really enjoy the uncluttered Oxygen OS and sheer speed of a phone with 8Gb of ram. Will happily stick with OP in future...

Associate
Has the back of anyone elses phone gone weird? I've had the official OnePlus 5T case on my phone since getting it on release and for some reason the back of the phone has weird dots/ marks all over the back for some odd reason

Associate
Has the back of anyone elses phone gone weird? I've had the official OnePlus 5T case on my phone since getting it on release and for some reason the back of the phone has weird dots/ marks all over the back for some odd reason

Yep pretty much all of them that suffer from this unfortunately, it seems to a flaw where the case rubs with the metal back but is also caused where any dirt / debree accumulates over time & can chip away at the back.

Liam.

Soldato
Has anyone got the USB tethering to work? I'm back at my Mum's house whilst I sort out a new house for me. This means I'm stuck using my brother's VM WiFi. I'm in the basement and the VM hub is on the top floor so the Wifi signal can be pretty awful with the speeds being pretty poor. I have a USB Wifi N dongle. However as my OP5 can connect to 5GHz Wifi networks I thought of tethering my phone to my PC by USB so that I can still connect to the Wifi but through my phone and not have to use my 4G connection. So I connected my OP5 to my PC using an official OP red USB cable and go to the tethering menu. The option is greyed out even when the phone is plugged in. Is there anything obvious I'm missing to get it working?

If I can't get it to work, I'll have to buy a USB Wifi AC dongle for my PC instead.

Oh and holy thread revival batman etc etc. :D

Back
Top Bottom