Homophobic attack on two women on London bus.

Soldato
They could in this case too as there's CCTV evidence...

But if they have already identified the suspects releasing an image is counter productive!

You clearly have no idea how releasing an image of a known suspect can negatively affect any future ID procedures and potentially cause a trial to collapse or not even start.

As if have already shown even when the police have identified (and potentially arrested a suspect) they still ask for witnesses in press appeals in serious and or high profile cases

Caporegime
But if they have already identified the suspects releasing an image is counter productive!

You clearly have no idea how releasing an image of a known suspect can negatively affect any future ID procedures and potentially cause a trial to collapse or not even start.

As if have already shown even when the police have identified (and potentially arrested a suspect) they still ask for witnesses in press appeals in serious and or high profile cases

The cctv was available from the outset. All London busses have cameras on board. So it would have been available before the ID and arrests.
And as I've pointed out before you started crying, your own posts show the met were clearly appealing for witnesses and information.
And.
And.
And.

Soldato
The cctv was available from the outset. All London busses have cameras on board. So it would have been available before the ID and arrests.
And as I've pointed out before you started crying, your own posts show the met were clearly appealing for witnesses and information.
And.
And.
And.

so in summary you are full of **** and cant support your assertions (because they are not true)

Here's an except of the ACPO guidelines on releasing images of suspects (bold my emphasis)

a) Wanted Suspects
Police forces can release images of both known and unknown suspects to the media.

An image of a person police want to interview in relation to a particular incident or crime can be issued prior to arrest or charge. Care must be taken when releasing images of unknown people to ensure that the wording accompanying the image is accurate. With known people other means of tracing the person should have first been tried where practical. Where an image has been released and a suspect has been subsequently arrested the media should be notified.
With known people other means of tracing the person should have first been tried where practical.
Where identification issues exist (Code D Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984) the CPS should be consulted prior to the release of an image.

So although the police can release an image of a 'known' person they should seek other means first and where ID issues may exist consultation with the CPS should be completed beforehand.

Given the Met have now arrested 5 people without releasing CCTV or a suspect description we can infer that they were able to trace the suspects and identify them, making them 'known' suspects without doing what you think they should have done...

So the MPS were acting in accordance with the ACPO guidance saying images of known suspects should not be released where other means of investigation are practical.

Last edited:
Soldato
But in London it's violent crime. Not even organised or targeted, random people on the street are victims in broad daylight and even in the rich areas.

Last edited:
Soldato
Except the level of crime is near the lowest it’s been for decades and the per population stats make that abundantly clear.

How much of that is because people might simply not be bothering to report "Low Level" crime any more because they know the Police/Courts will do bugger all about it anyway?

Homicides have tended to be used as a barometer for crime in general (Rightly or wrongly) for some time now, One can hardly claim that Homicides in London are at the lowest than they have been for decades really so any claims that while Homicide rates have soared, all other crime rates have magically fallen seems a somewhat extraordinary claim!

Man of Honour
But he's right. As someone who lives only about 60 miles from London. Going in to London is like visiting a different country. The culture is completely different than anywhere else in the UK. Walking out of the train in London or Paris gives me the same vibes.
It has 2 types of people now. Those in social housing or barely affording to live, and the rich. Nothing in between. My town is full of middle class people who abandoned London.

Can’t let this one go, I’m assuming by vibes in London and Paris, you feel as if you’re in a different world, probably because without being racist in the slightest, you will immediately be among many people of varied ethnicities.
I catch your drift, but living in the centre of London, I see it, but don’t feel it, and walking out of the Gare du Nord, I feel it slightly, but aside from wishing that Eurostar came into Gare Montparnasse instead, it doesn’t bother me much.
If anyone approaches me, or speaks to me, providing they speak French without a strong accent, I can understand them, and reply, so I don’t feel “comme un étranger.”

As for London’s types of people, there’s another strand, between those in social housing, and the rich, there’s me.
I went to graft, did okay, kept grafting, (if there was a pound note to be earned, I’d go get it), and ended up living in a good area, that hadn’t always been good, in a very desirable house, surrounded by architects, lawyers, a couple of financial journalists, and at least one other retired Black Cab driver, like myself.
Fortunately, I used my loaf, invested some of my, if not ill gotten, got in a very careful manner gains, and can live reasonably well, taking my wife out to good restaurants for dinner, not every night, but often enough.
The holidays in Mauritius and Tahiti have gone out of the window, but I can still slide over to Paris once every few weeks, and visit my relatives.

Soldato
There was in interview with some guy on TV a few days ago who said, if 50% of London were all Scottish, would it still be less English. Or something like that.

Then of course the counter argument from the liberal who said if you live in London are you not then English. I think the entire panel rolled their eyes at the same time.
Haha that was some of the biggest tripe i've ever seen, the nerve of the Russian guy not calling himself English!

Soldato
I'd like to know the critera for releasing the cctv footage, as a few years ago there was an assault that happened on a London bus (a woman got punched to the floor) and the CCTV was released immediately to identify them.

Also in cases like this, its not just being guilty of an offense. They have committed a hate crime and after finishing their criminal punishment will still be likely to hold their anti-LGBT views, so identifying them might help protect others who see them around.

Soldato
I'd like to know the critera for releasing the cctv footage, as a few years ago there was an assault that happened on a London bus (a woman got punched to the floor) and the CCTV was released immediately to identify them.

Also in cases like this, its not just being guilty of an offense. They have committed a hate crime and after finishing their criminal punishment will still be likely to hold their anti-LGBT views, so identifying them might help protect others who see them around.

Its like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes around here......

The police didn't need to release CCTV images (or descriptions) because, as is now apparent, they were able to identify and arrest suspects without doing so.

If the police have identified a suspect(s) or believe they have the means to do so without realising a description or image of suspect(s) then guess what the police generally don't release a description or image because in doing to they potentially hinder their investigation going forward.

And as previously discussed it isn't exactly clear that the suspect actually do hold 'anti LGBT' views. There certainly appear disrespectful but I am not sure how asking two Lesbians to 'perform' in front of you is actually indicative of 'anti' LGBT views.

Rather I would expect someone holding such views to be disgusted by displays of lesbian sexuality.

Some reporting, citing one of the victims, claims the suspects used homophobic abuse but the only example given is that they apparently called the ladies 'lesbians' which isn't exactly a great example of abuse as its probably how they ladies would self identify

Soldato
I'm out of touch not living in a big city either. I thought this was more 80's/90''s behaviour. Anyway people gunna people I'm out of touch .

Soldato
A guy I attended university with was racially attacked, robbed and hit over the head with hammer by a gang of feral blacks in London last year. Why did no politicians come out and condemn that attack and even more important, why did the police refuse to list it as a racist 'hate crime' and basically told him 'tough **** mate'?

Soldato
He moved to an island in the Caribbean full of black people, the racist!!!!! And then he actually had the gall to state an opinion, AN OPINION the double racist Nazi fascist. Stoning is too good for some people!!!!!!!

Extreme sarcasm aside, the "English" have a world-renowned reputation for politeness, so the extreme reaction he got from people living in London, after stating that he felt London didn't feel "English" any more, just proves his point all the more.

Just wow.

Soldato

Suspects under 18 i assume.

Back
Top Bottom