**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Associate
Just watched a video from Mark's Tech on YT about the new camera update on the OP7Pro and honestly to me, it looks as good as the Pixel now (and I say that as a Pixel owner); sometimes the pixel was better, but sometimes the OP7 looked better to me, and add to the fact the OP has the extra lenses, I think it looks a great contender now.

Soldato
The issue I have is not with the general contrast/colour balance etc as these can be corrected easily after the event. But the sharpening.... Have a look here:

I'd love to see what the OP7Pro does in the same situation

First 100% image:

UGftrHM.jpg

Then the crop - it's terrible:

r7nWXyJ.jpg

Soldato
Just watched a video from Mark's Tech on YT about the new camera update on the OP7Pro and honestly to me, it looks as good as the Pixel now (and I say that as a Pixel owner); sometimes the pixel was better, but sometimes the OP7 looked better to me, and add to the fact the OP has the extra lenses, I think it looks a great contender now.

I just did a few comparison shots using the stock camera and the Gcam. Definitely blow for blow between them now.

Awesome

Soldato
Very tempted with the 7 Pro - quick question though - are the 4G and 5G models different? I can't seem to see separate models on the One Plus website (and the John Lewis website specifically says 4G!)

Soldato
Very tempted with the 7 Pro - quick question though - are the 4G and 5G models different? I can't seem to see separate models on the One Plus website (and the John Lewis website specifically says 4G!)

Same phone - The OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is identical to the standard 4G-touting OnePlus 7 Pro – same design, cameras, display, battery cell. In fact, the only difference is its ability to surf speedy 5G networks.

Don't waste your time on the 5g phone - ridiculous expensive. £60 a month on contract - dont think you can buy it outright - has to be on a contract from EE.

Soldato
Same phone - The OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is identical to the standard 4G-touting OnePlus 7 Pro – same design, cameras, display, battery cell. In fact, the only difference is its ability to surf speedy 5G networks.

Don't waste your time on the 5g phone - ridiculous expensive. £60 a month on contract - dont think you can buy it outright - has to be on a contract from EE.

Thanks for the info - I didn't want to get a phone and it be outdated straight away - didn't realise you had to have a dedicated 5g contract!

Soldato
Thanks for the info - I didn't want to get a phone and it be outdated straight away - didn't realise you had to have a dedicated 5g contract!

You don't as far as I'm aware. 3 said you won't everyone with compatible handsets will get 5g. But what's the point it won't be widely available for a few years yet. I'll look at it in 3 years when I replace the 7 Pro.

Soldato
OP
Fitted the tempered glass / loca glue screen protector and for £8 it's not bad.

It slid down my screen when fitting it so there is more of a gap at the top than bottom but overall I'm happy with it.

Soldato
I had a play with the Pro model in John Lewis today. I was surprised at how light it was. I couldn’t get a good feel of the UI since the phone was running in an annoying shop mode which stopped me checking how it compares to my iPhone.

I keep telling myself I don’t want one, and like a moth to a flame I keep thinking about it. I should hang on till the Note 10 but the pro model will cost more than I want to spend and I don’t really want unremovable Samsung bloat on my new phone.

Back
Top Bottom