**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
I updated my 7t pro. Whilst everything seemed ok initially, I noticed the selfie camera was no longer working and in the days that followed the rear camera stopped too. The camera app even failed to load.

Eventually I had to have a remote session with OnePlus, they flashed the phone to an earlier version of android but it only brought back the rear camera. Off for repair it's gone. All this persuaded me to get a new phone and once the OnePlus is back it'll be sold.

Strange how an update can make a device act so poorly.
It's the sad thing, OP used to be the best at this sort of thing, great software and always bang up to date.

Think I'll either get a Samsung next (pricey yes, bloated yes, but they work) or a Chinese phone via Amazon.

Soldato
I'm starting to notice it more now, but for some reason OOS11 is pretty aggressive with background apps when the screen is off. It doesn't happen with all apps (I assume they have some sort of whitelist) but for apps like Deliveroo, Just Eat, etc or when I'm downloading a video with NewPipe, after a few minutes when the screen is off they're forced to sleep, so when I wake the phone they complain they lost connection/download is paused.

Soldato
I'm starting to notice it more now, but for some reason OOS11 is pretty aggressive with background apps when the screen is off. It doesn't happen with all apps (I assume they have some sort of whitelist) but for apps like Deliveroo, Just Eat, etc or when I'm downloading a video with NewPipe, after a few minutes when the screen is off they're forced to sleep, so when I wake the phone they complain they lost connection/download is paused.
I always found my 7T Pro very aggressive with it’s RAM management. My iPhone 12 performs on par, if not a little better, with half the RAM.

Soldato
The lag is most likely to do with the 60/90Hz switching, forcing the entire phone via ADB to 90Hz fixed it for me. But that also seems to have affected battery life a fair bit, luckily still enough to last me after work, but fairly noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom