Any recommendations for in-wall speakers? Fronts and centre?

Caporegime
OP
Going to be epic, looking forward to seeing the progress. I hope you get on with your neighbours with those dual subs :D
TBH the noise insulation in my apartment is WAY better than I realised. I have 2 friends staying and they were asleep yesterday whilst I was messing around with it and downloading things like atmos test videos and there was a section of "powerful bass" and the subs went bonkers. I could feel my skin tingling....I was actually paranoid I had woken my friends sleeping. They came into the room an hour later and said they heard/felt nothing. Either they sleep like the dead or my insulation/build is really good!

Anyway, apologies I don't own a seperate microphone. But here is a recording from my camera on a tripod. Amp is set to 50% volume. Cannot feel the bass whatsoever but you get a small hint of what its like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S7e66xk0p8&feature=youtu.be

Caporegime
OP
Sorry for the delay, here is an update.

After waiting almost a month, the screen turned up. And it is glorious. Assembly was easy and the quality of the image which comes from it is simply breathtaking. My friends and I have described it as going from 1080p to 4k, and its only got a 1080p image on it!

Here are some pics of how it all is now.

JLE72778.jpg

JLE72779.jpg

JLE72781.jpg

JLE72782.jpg

And in action

JLE72783.jpg

JLE72792.jpg

JLE72785.jpg

A poor quality video sample, sorry I am not good with videos!

Whats left? Well there are still some cabling I need to improve and paint conduits, but overall its basically there. I also need to put a blind on the window next to the screen to remove reflections. But I am blown away with how its all come together overall. And yes, I like the RGB on :p

One question for @lucid - what and how do I clean this screen? :o I asked the supplier and they simply said "neutral soap" - that was it.

Man of Honour
Looks good.

Neutral soap is something pH balanced. That means it's neither acid nor alkaline in nature. THB, you shouldn't need to clean the screen unless it's exposed to oils and fats in the air from cooking, or nicotine residue from smoking. Just give it a light dust every now and then.

If something does splash on the surface, then clean gently with tepid/warm water (filtered, then warmed in the microwave) and a colour-neutral/un-dyed cloth.

Send cheque for consultancy services to....... lol :D

Caporegime
OP
Looks good.

Neutral soap is something pH balanced. That means it's neither acid nor alkaline in nature. THB, you shouldn't need to clean the screen unless it's exposed to oils and fats in the air from cooking, or nicotine residue from smoking. Just give it a light dust every now and then.

If something does splash on the surface, then clean gently with tepid/warm water (filtered, then warmed in the microwave) and a colour-neutral/un-dyed cloth.

Send cheque for consultancy services to....... lol :D
Thanks for the reply, as always :D

It does need a dust more than anything! There was a lot of dust floating around when it was constructed so there is some surface dust I'd like to take care of. Will use a microfibre cloth :)

Soldato
Looks spot on Jake. I bet Our Planet was absolutely breathtaking to watch. Love the colour of the wall too.

How big are the subs?

Last edited:
Soldato
Awesome looking setup Phate!

I don't want to hijack but I found this thread and it has lots of useful info already so thought I would post.

We are moving to a new build townhouse later this year (October completion) and the living room is up stairs and quite small at 4.4m x 3.2m with entrance door half way down one side and directly opposite are french doors out to a terrace! Nice feature but annoying for room layout!

The side windows on the french doors and behind the sofa really limit my surround speaker options so I am looking at the on-wall type (which lead me to this thread!).

Here is a floor plan:
fPgfrSo.jpg

So thinking of a similar audio setup to yourself with a Marantz SR6013 and Dali speakers. Not sure on budget, probably £4k with the Marantz.

How is it mixing the speakers types in the Dali range with and without ribbon tweeters? Also not toeing any speakers in, having them parallel to the walls is a new concept to me too, do you need to do that even without the ribbon tweeter versions?

I'm considering the DALI OPTICON 6 (5.0) set from Audio Express for the fronts using the Alteco in upfire for Atmos.
A BK P12-300SB-FF Sub, the room is only 30 cubic meters so should be ample and since first floor with wood joists, chipboard and carpet I figured FF rather than DF?

Then not really sure what to do about surrounds, the window behind the sofa and french door is really annoying me at the moment and we haven't even moved in yet!

Any suggestions would be great, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom