Watch Dogs Legion

Soldato
So sounds like a new Watch Dogs is going to be announced at E3 based on leaks at Amazon UK.

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/watch-do...st-brexit-london-according-to-amazon-listing/

Nice to see a game set in London, can't think of many recent titles (Vampyr maybe?), though less keen on politicising it about Brexit lol. Watch Dogs 2 was an improvement on the 1st but still felt a by the numbers Ubi open-world title in many respects.

Interesting tidbit about being able to play as anyone in the world:

Elsewhere, the listing informs that you can "play as anyone".

"Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated and guided by gameplay systems."

Guess we will know more next week.

Caporegime
I've had the original Watch Dogs for years but have never actually installed and played it.

Me too. They gave it away for free on Uplay, IIRC and it's still sitting in my library to be downloaded when every other game has been deleted or some catastrophe. i.e. I can't see me ever installing it now.

Associate
^ I'd have to agree, personally thought the first game was far superior to Watch Dogs 2.

Taking the Legion leak with a large pinch of salt, but it sounds promising.

Soldato
Ugh, heavy political undertones incoming. It'll probably be based upon a society in which the government has enforced the mandatory implantation of microchips in people's heads, in order to quash political dissidents. Hence the NPC control.

Soldato
That looks like a launch title for next-gen. It seems very ambitious for the current consoles.
Not by the time they have downgraded the graphics for launch and you realise that 99% of the characters are just going to repeat the same voicelines and have some side event that's been generated from a stockpile about 20 deep.

Back
Top Bottom