Down W/ Ice Cream Vans!

Caporegime
why would anyone in their right mind buy from an ice cream van anyway.
okay if it's one parked up at a park fine or along a river.

but the ones that drive around estates.. its probably just as convenient to nip to the local supermarket that is probably within walking distance and buy 4 ice creams for the price of 1 from an ice cream van

Man of Honour
Ice-cream van that comes round my way is always busy. Has been since I was a kid.

The one that regularly did the rounds of my old neighbourhood used to be mobbed in the mid 90s or so last few years I never saw anyone use it except a couple of diehard older folks.

Soldato
why would anyone in their right mind buy from an ice cream van anyway.
okay if it's one parked up at a park fine or along a river.

but the ones that drive around estates.. its probably just as convenient to nip to the local supermarket that is probably within walking distance and buy 4 ice creams for the price of 1 from an ice cream van

Brilliant idea, nothing better than walking around eating an ice-cream whilst three others slowly melt.

Soldato
Tbh it won't be long until most major towns and cities operate clean air zones so unless they buy a new cleaner diesel van they'll be put out of business anyway. Part of me wants to believe that councils will do it for our health but the cynic in me feels that it is just a way to print money. I mean why is it ok to pollute as long as you pay for it, if it is really about health then why not heavily invest in public transport / park and ride / cleaner car grants etc.

Caporegime
Tbh it won't be long until most major towns and cities operate clean air zones so unless they buy a new cleaner diesel van they'll be put out of business anyway. Part of me wants to believe that councils will do it for our health but the cynic in me feels that it is just a way to print money. I mean why is it ok to pollute as long as you pay for it, if it is really about health then why not heavily invest in public transport / park and ride / cleaner car grants etc.

Because as we've discovered over many millennia, people only stop doing things if they're hurt by it.

And the fact is that you can use that money to do the investment...

Last edited:
Soldato
Because as we've discovered over many millennia, people only stop doing things if they're hurt by it.

And the fact is that you can use that money to do the investment...

Just seems like it unfairly punishes those that can't afford to buy a cleaner vehicle and can't afford to pay the fine, they are effectively taxed out of the city leaving the well off to continue driving round in their polluting vehicles with less riffraff to get in the way.

Other countries have tried to do it in a more equal way, you can have different registrations being allowed to drive in on certain days for example with clean vehicles being exempt. That way everyone is inconvenienced and can't just pay a fine to carry on.

Back
Top Bottom