What to watch next?

Soldato
they knew when to stop it though ? once all the characters had shown their full personality/capabilities and matured.
... is the shield genuinely as good, with undercover/corruption...?

The Shield is actually better, however it helps that it has a wider range of characters and more stories to tell.

Associate
I'd second the earlier suggestion of Money Heist.

I'd also highly recommend True Detective season 1. An absolute masterpiece.

Commissario
OP
Two months later and I’ve just finished The Shield. Utterly fantastic from start to finish.

I will look at Deadwood next. I have zero preconceptions except that with a name like that, it sounds like a western although I could be well off the mark.

Will report back when I’ve watched the first episode.

Soldato
Two months later and I’ve just finished The Shield. Utterly fantastic from start to finish.

I will look at Deadwood next. I have zero preconceptions except that with a name like that, it sounds like a western although I could be well off the mark.

Will report back when I’ve watched the first episode.

Strength to strength with shows there @Feek

Really glad you liked The Shield, haven't really found anything as good (cop based) since it finished although Bosch is fairly close.

Soldato
I'm about to start The Shield.
I did give BSG a try a few years ago but got mightily fed up when it went all religious.

For BSG you just have to take the view that all the religious stuff is a highly advanced being(s) whose tech looks like magic, then treat it like pure sci-fi.
I personally think there are several hints that point to that explanation.
You should give it another go if you like sci-fi, its really good.
The expanse is also really good - both these are in my top 3 sci-fis of all time.

Soldato

Will report back when I've watched the first episode.
Good choice on Deadwood. Brilliantly acted and it has a sense of realism about it. Thanks to this thread I'm on Season 3 of The Shield after only watching a few episodes when it first aired and then forgetting about it. Not sure why I didn't continue (maybe The Barn seemed strange for a police station) but I'm thoroughly engrossed now.

Back
Top Bottom