What to watch next?

Associate
If you don't mind subtitles (or indeed, if you speak German), there are a couple of great recent series from our European friends.

Deutschland 83 - Cold war thriller from the East German perspective following a young recruit sent to spy on the West. It's on All 4 along with the sequel (which I've not watched yet)

Babylon Berlin - Set between the two world wars, super twisty political thriller following a detective uncovering all sorts of murky goings on. They're up to two seasons on this one as well, both on NowTV.

Caporegime
Agents of Shield! (stick with it, as tough as it is until towards the end of S1. It's worth it! And 5 seasons, a 6th filming now and S7 greenlit too!)
Person of Interest. Superb TV and one of my favourite recent shows
On Netflix Love & Death & Robots.

Associate
Deadwood is a classic.

+1 this, one of the greatest TV shows ever made as far as Im concerned.

Banshee

I'm binge watching Hanna at the moment

I liked the concept but it just descended into the silliness that I really hoped it wouldn't.

I'm about to start The Shield.
I did give BSG a try a few years ago but got mightily fed up when it went all religious.

It was religious from the get go, it didn't get religious. It does get overly religious though I'll give you that. It is a damning indictment of humanity and religion all in one though, and as such it's a wonderful show. Maybe dragged on a bit too long I'll admit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I would avoid Star Trek Discovery, all the budget went on fancy FX and lens flares instead of hiring script writers and producers who know what there dealing with.

Cobra Kai looks like a it's worth a watch though.

Associate
Ozark
Mindhunter
Unabomber
Big Little Lies (Reece Witherspoons performance is stellar)

I actually really enjoy Better Call Saul and thought all Fargo’s were superb. Also enjoyed Bloodline once it got going

Ballad of Buster Scruggs and Love, Death and Robots were magnificent

Watched first season of Stranger Things but didn’t really enjoy it much

Soldato
I found it ended way too abruptly, even four seasons in.
they knew when to stop it though ? once all the characters had shown their full personality/capabilities and matured.
... is the shield genuinely as good, with undercover/corruption...?

few comedies here : I'll plug DAG again, a must for bacon/music lovers, see youtube excerpts, genuinely moving, and the main character as a marriage guidance councellor, gold-dust comedy https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1711386/ had been on sky arts.

Back
Top Bottom