Poll: Do you leave the tap running while you're brushing your teeth?

Do you leave the tap running while you're brushing your teeth?

• Yes

Votes: 165 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 258 61.0%

• Total voters
Caporegime
why would a regulator deny a request to spend money on investment saying it's too much? they are worried it might cause you to try and justify a price raise for customers?

seem you already can get a penalty for water leakage but seems minuscule in comparison to the amount of money going through the books.
But if your really denied planned investment that would include repairing or replacing leaking/corroded or whatever pipes then it seems a bit messed up

Associate
I was at the gym this morning, and when I came out of the shower, there was a chap brushing his teeth at the sink. I noticed that he had the tap running full blast, but was looking in the mirror as he brushed.

It got me thinking - how many people do this? I rinse my toothbrush, turn off tap, apply toothpaste, brush teeth and then rinse again when finished.

What about you?
you should have turned it off or asked him politely to turn it off.

it really irks me when people do stupid things like this... i bet if you asked him if he was environmentally conscious he would have said yes!

Man of Honour
You may be pleased to know that since this thread I have changed my ways.
I now put a little bit of water on the toothpaste so it lathers up, spit it out and don't rinse - hurrah.
I told the wife about this and she was also amazed that I kept the tap running but I've now changed my ways.

This morning I listened to her go into the bathroom, turn on the shower and it was at least a minute before she got in and then spent the next 10 minutes in the shower with constant running water :eek:
I reckon I spend a maximum of somewhere between 1 to 2 minutes in the shower so what a bloody waste of water.
How dare she have a go at me when she is wasting at least 5 to 6 times the water that I'm using.

This also reminds me of a shower thread we had in GD when somebody said they spend at least 30 minutes in there :eek:

Back
Top Bottom