Ships under attack in the middle east

Soldato
Got to love the RT story on this.

Straight in with the claim it was in Iranian territory (it wasn't).
Headline that states the US refuse to comment (they have).
Citing evidence as a photo of an MQ9 that was shot down over Yemen in 2017 :D

Quality information source that site.

Caporegime
Got to love the RT story on this.

Straight in with the claim it was in Iranian territory (it wasn't).
Headline that states the US refuse to comment (they have).
Citing evidence as a photo of an MQ9 that was shot down over Yemen in 2017 :D

Quality information source that site.

RT is hilarious. It's basically a safe space for people who can't cope with reality.

Soldato
And in a shock to no-one familiar with the area, a facility housing oil companies based in the southern part of the Basra province, Iraq has come under rocket attack injuring 3.

The Guardian said:
A single rocket hit the Burjesia residential and operations headquarters, which sits west of the city of Basra and is situated within the Zubair and Rumeila oil fields. The facility, which the Iraqi Drilling Company operates, hosts workers from U.S.-headquartered ExxonMobile and six other foreign oil companies. The rocket injured three people, prompting firms to order their personnel to evacuate - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/19/iraq-rocket-attack-basra-injured-foreign-oil-companies

https://twitter.com/IranNW/status/1141382050345340928/photo/1 for pictures of the alleged launchers.

Soldato
Military drones show up on Flightradar?!

Doesn't seem very likely but happy to be corrected.
I remember reading some modes/squawks could be attributed to them, although there wouldn't be any way of confirming what their identity is, so it wouldn't prove anything.

If you know where they're based it's probably not hard to put 2 and 2 together though.

Soldato
It’s nice to see that history isn’t repeating itself. *coughs* Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya...

It’s almost like repeatedly provoking a dog into biting you and then when it does saying it attacked you for know reason and then having it put down..

NVP

NVP

Soldato
It’s almost like repeatedly provoking a dog into biting you and then when it does saying it attacked you for know reason and then having it put down..
True, but instead of using pentobarbital we used massive amounts of gamma radiation

iyiX6cR.gif

Soldato
The article which also states it was over international waters you mean?

Don't make bold assertions that can't be backed up.

I haven't made any assertions. I said the OP linked to an article. I never stated what the article contained, and the BBC has since changed it anyway.

I asked what do you want as proof? As an ordinary member of the public, you're not going to get anything more than what is in the media. What is it you expect?

Man of Honour
Military drones show up on Flightradar?!

Doesn't seem very likely but happy to be corrected.

Occasionally for convenience of other operators depending on the nature of the mission and airspace i.e. a return leg in proximity to managed airspace but they won't show up as a drone - it will be some assumed aircraft identity which those who've been following that kind of stuff for a long time would know is a cover identity used for that kind of stuff but it still won't necessarily mean it is a drone unless there is other information they can cross reference it with.

Caporegime
I haven't made any assertions. I said the OP linked to an article. I never stated what the article contained, and the BBC has since changed it anyway.

I asked what do you want as proof? As an ordinary member of the public, you're not going to get anything more than what is in the media. What is it you expect?

I was clear in my expectations, not to make any bold assertions such as the attack took place in an area when there's a strong possibility it didn't. I never said you made those assertions, however you're the one defending someone that did.

Man of Honour
Quite a serious escalation whether the drone was within Iranian airspace or not - as this isn't a video game long range anti-air missiles can quite easily acquire the wrong target and bring down civilian traffic, etc. if a lot of care isn't used :(

Soldato
Quite a serious escalation whether the drone was within Iranian airspace or not

Back when the west were fighting a proxy war in Syria, Israel was trying yo get the Syrian anti-air systems to target civilian traffic. They did succeed in getting them to down a Russian troop carrier iirc by using the tactics as they wanted to escalate tensions.

It is an escalation but it does matter if it was in Iranian airspace or not. If it was in Iranian air space then it's escalation by the US, if not in Iranian air space it's escalation by Iran. The US has said, and I provided the video earlier, multiple times that it wants to provoke Iran into a conflict either by confrontation or false flaging them, which is what I think happened with the tanker bombing.

Sanctions are the other major form of provocation that Iran has had to sustain for the last years, Iran can just trade with the BRICS countries and bypass a lot of those sanctions. Nobody has the right to tell another country what they should do, in an ideal world, and the US/Israel should keep their noses out.. It's ironic that the only reason that Iran feel the need to go for nukes, which Israel is having a fit about, is because of the US/Israeli aggression that's been happening for years!

Man of Honour
Back when the west were fighting a proxy war in Syria, Israel was trying yo get the Syrian anti-air systems to target civilian traffic. They did succeed in getting them to down a Russian troop carrier iirc by using the tactics as they wanted to escalate tensions.

It is an escalation but it does matter if it was in Iranian airspace or not. If it was in Iranian air space then it's escalation by the US, if not in Iranian air space it's escalation by Iran. The US has said, and I provided the video earlier, multiple times that it wants to provoke Iran into a conflict either by confrontation or false flaging them, which is what I think happened with the tanker bombing.

Sanctions are the other major form of provocation that Iran has had to sustain for the last years, Iran can just trade with the BRICS countries and bypass a lot of those sanctions. Nobody has the right to tell another country what they should do, in an ideal world, and the US/Israel should keep their noses out.. It's ironic that the only reason that Iran feel the need to go for nukes, which Israel is having a fit about, is because of the US/Israeli aggression that's been happening for years!

Wasn't being dismissive of who was to blame as such just saying it is a potentially rather serious escalation either way as it potentially puts indiscriminate targets in the cross hairs.

Soldato

Do you not believe in nuclear non-proliferation then?

Back
Top Bottom