Advice on pc build

Associate
Not built a pc in a very long time and just wanted some advise on the components I have picked. For the time bringing I’ll only be playing Diablo 3.

Cpu- Ryzen 5 2400g
Motherboard - msi gaming pro carbon AC
Psu- Seasonic focus 550w
Ram - Corsair vengeance RGB 16GB ddr4 2666mhz or ballistix BLT16g4D30BET 3000MT
Case - coolmaster masterbox mb530p
Storage - mx500 1tb and a WD Black m2.0 NVMe 250gb (for os)

Not 100% on the memory yet so still looking around.

As for budget it’s just a pc to play Diablo 3 that’s mid range.

Soldato
That would run Diablo 3 at reasonable FPS at 1080p.

But, do you own the WD Black m2.0 NVMe 250gb already? If not I would dump the NVMe drive and stick with just the MX500 SSD and put the money towards a discrete GPU - e.g. a RX 570 is similar money and then you could swap out the 2400G for a 2600 - again similar money (shop around).

Also, ideally you need to up the memory to 3000MHz sticks to get the most out of the CPU.

For example you could get the following if you dropped the NVMe for a RX 570, swapped the 2400G for a 2600 and you would have a far superior gaming system (also I've only added a 500Gb drive as you only mention its use for Diablo 3 - but you could add the 1Tb version if required). The 530p case is very expensive, relative to the build, so added another for comparison (similar style - same brand) - but feel free to get case of your choice - but again ideally you would get best core components and then perhaps update the case if desired in future.

The below should be within your budget from your above spec - will have the legs to play other more demanding games you may play in the future

*Additional - the RX570 comes with 2 free games which you could keep or sell on for £50.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £674.09 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Last edited:
Soldato
That's a very nice machine by Plec! If you were to go with your 2400G I would say get 3200MHz Ram, like the one Plec suggested(it's the sweet-spot), as Ryzen loves faster ram - especially the G variants.

Soldato
OK, recent update regarding price drops for Zen+ - the 2000 series:

I am sure you'll be interested to hear, that competition at that end of the market is going to get weirder too, since from the info I have been given the 2700X is going to be <£199, the 2700 <£159 and the 2600 <£109, with the 2600x <£129, should see the prices from 1st July or maybe a day or two before apparently.

Reading the above - if accurate (never any guarantees) - after the 1st of JUly there will be a significant drop in the pricing of the 2600X. Something to consider...

Last edited:
Associate
That would run Diablo 3 at reasonable FPS at 1080p.

But, do you own the WD Black m2.0 NVMe 250gb already? If not I would dump the NVMe drive and stick with just the MX500 SSD and put the money towards a discrete GPU - e.g. a RX 570 is similar money and then you could swap out the 2400G for a 2600 - again similar money (shop around).

Also, ideally you need to up the memory to 3000MHz sticks to get the most out of the CPU.

For example you could get the following if you dropped the NVMe for a RX 570, swapped the 2400G for a 2600 and you would have a far superior gaming system (also I've only added a 500Gb drive as you only mention its use for Diablo 3 - but you could add the 1Tb version if required). The 530p case is very expensive, relative to the build, so added another for comparison (similar style - same brand) - but feel free to get case of your choice - but again ideally you would get best core components and then perhaps update the case if desired in future.

The below should be within your budget from your above spec - will have the legs to play other more demanding games you may play in the future

*Additional - the RX570 comes with 2 free games which you could keep or sell on for £50.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £674.09 (includes shipping: £13.20)
I would also say just go with the mx500 SSD. For gaming or loading up windows I don't notice any actual real world difference between an NVMe and a SSD. I would use the saved money on something else - like a GPU or a larger SSD.

Soldato
OK, recent update regarding price drops for Zen+ - the 2000 series:

Reading the above - if accurate (never any guarantees) - after the 1st of JUly there will be a significant drop in the pricing of the 2600X. Something to consider...

That's interesting about the price drops. Im guessing also good for second market as the 2600 should be literally peanuts in July

Soldato
That's interesting about the price drops. Im guessing also good for second market as the 2600 should be literally peanuts in July
It's nuts - if i had a 1000/2000 CPU to sell i would do it fast before these new price drops. But, yes - they're second hand value will be crippled if prices are as predicted...

Associate
OP
It’s interesting if those prices happen. I would definitely consider a height cpu with a gpu. I would have to read up on the new gpu though as the last one I brought was the msi r9 295x2. I have decided a budget of £700 should be enough.
Also would a 500gb ssd be enough or should I look at a 1tb.

Back
Top Bottom