ASUS ROG SWIFT PG35VQ

Associate
Why, why would anyone pay £2600 for a VA panel monitor...:rolleyes:

I'd give them a kick in the gonads if they asked that for an IPS panel, but VA?....I just cannot comprehend why someone would do it.

That cash will buy me a ps5 and a Xbox scarett when they get released along with a 65 inch oled TV on offer.....

Caporegime
Well it's Asus...of course it's over priced , thats why I wont buy Asus stuff anymore

Don't forget the ultra **** RMA procedures they provide, that's the cherry on top :cool: ;)

Tbf lots of suckers out there, else they wouldn't price these things the way they do! They're aiming for the 4k/144hz crowd itching for an UW upgrade :p

Associate
Jesus, I've been waiting for this but didn't expect that price point.

I have the Alienware UW just now and have owned 2No Predator X27's (both sent back because of issues).
I was hoping these new wave of monitors would be for me next.

My wife would chop off my manly bits if I even suggested £2700 for a monitor!

Soldato
I don't think Asus care if they sell that many of these... it's a halo product not meant for the masses. A ridiculously small percentage of gamers could afford this, or even be willing to spend so much on a VA gaming monitor. Even principle alone will put off many. It's a disgusting price.

Associate
Are there any reviews out yet? Would like to see if this is a flawless monitor due to the price, or if it has a lot of issues like rumors are saying.

Man of Honour
Are there any reviews out yet? Would like to see if this is a flawless monitor due to the price, or if it has a lot of issues like rumors are saying.

don't know what those rumours would be based on other than pure speculation or guess work based on other monitors. the screen has been shown at some events like CES, but in a very limited way. I've got one with me at the moment for full, thorough testing and a review at TFTCentral very soon though :) That will likely be the first proper view anywhere - i've got the first and only sample in EMEA at the moment :)

Soldato
don't know what those rumours would be based on other than pure speculation or guess work based on other monitors. the screen has been shown at some events like CES, but in a very limited way. I've got one with me at the moment for full, thorough testing and a review at TFTCentral very soon though :) That will likely be the first proper view anywhere - i've got the first and only sample in EMEA at the moment :)

Any idea when the review's going up? ;)

Associate

Pretty sure you didnt get the first as people have been able to order the monitor this whole week in the nordic countries, but glad you got yours, hopefully you can post some of the highlights here in the thread.
The rumours would be ghosting effects and that the pictures gets smeared out after you go over 144 hz. There is probably tons of stuff that you can check.

Soldato
Pretty sure you didnt get the first as people have been able to order the monitor this whole week in the nordic countries, but glad you got yours, hopefully you can post some of the highlights here in the thread.
The rumours would be ghosting effects and that the pictures gets smeared out after you go over 144 hz. There is probably tons of stuff that you can check.

He said the first and only sample (review sample) in EMEA currently, which is correct. Consumers buying the product is not the same thing as a reviewer like TFT Central (Baddass is their main guy) being provided a sample and a thorough review. There's really no reason for him to waste his time posting "highlights" on this thread when he'll have a comprehensive review up to read when it's ready. :)

Associate
He said the first and only sample (review sample) in EMEA currently, which is correct. Consumers buying the product is not the same thing as a reviewer like TFT Central (Baddass is their main guy) being provided a sample and a thorough review. There's really no reason for him to waste his time posting "highlights" on this thread when he'll have a comprehensive review up to read when it's ready. :)

Its not correct, it can be correct if you talking about review sample, but none of us can know for a fact if he is the first to get a review sample from Asus, which I highly doubt, they probably sent out their review samples at the same time.

Either way, I am talking in general terms, people been able to get this monitor for a week now.

Back
Top Bottom