ASUS ROG SWIFT PG35VQ

So while looking at the hyper expensive monitors coming out on the various companies sites I noticed Samsung have a new 4K qled TV coming out this year aimed at gamers with hdr10+ FALD, 4k@ 120hz refresh, 8ms response time and FreeSync allegedly for around £1500.

So given that tech like freesync is appearing in tv’s and they all ready have much better implementation of HDR and consoles are advancing to a point where users are looking for features in tv’s like fast response times etc. Are we heading towards a time when the line between tv’s/monitors becomes blurred and could this be one reason companies like Acer an ASU’s seem determined to milk pc owners for the maximum amount, because if Samsung/LG can bring the economy of scale of tv’s to the PC market then I don’t see how the smaller manufacturers survive in any meaningful way.

When GPUs have HDMI 2.1, that line will become ever more blurred, but that's a good year away at least. The other problem is size... we almost certainly won't be seeing TV's at the 27-32" range, which is where most PC gamers will want to be at. 50"+ is hardly practical for most, outside of a lounge gaming scenario, and even 40-43" is often ignored by TV manufacturers... there's not so much a demand for high end small TV's. The PC monitor market is MUCH smaller than TV's also, so it's hard to imagine them really putting much focus on that. I doubt it would generate enough profit for them to bother, so they'll leave it to the existing players.

That said, as tech develops, we will see high end features become more affordable... the only thing which will get in the way of that is manufacturer greed! :(

Next gen consoles in late 2020 paired with a 120Hz TV are going to give gaming PC's a run for their money though... not in raw performance of course, but in terms of the value aspect they'll bring given how expensive high end PC components are clearly becoming... this monitor being an extreme example.

I think Asus are only able to charge such a crazy price for the PG35VQ because it's the first of its kind and we're at this unique moment in time where there is nothing else like it... when Acer and Agon drop their equivalents, this price will drop, and in a year or so, I think people will look back and realise how insane it was to pay £2700 for this... at least I hope so, or we'll be seeing 5-figure price tag monitors before much longer ha!!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So while looking at the hyper expensive monitors coming out on the various companies sites I noticed Samsung have a new 4K qled TV coming out this year aimed at gamers with hdr10+ FALD, 4k@ 120hz refresh, 8ms response time and FreeSync allegedly for around £1500.

Reference or model number? I haven't been able to find anything like you describe.

It's amazing. I get the flickering on a few titles but now the fix is coming,...I do have the PG27UQ as well(up for sale in the members market)and the contrast is better on this, but obviously the sharpness and detail on the UQ is better but HDR and immersion on this,.and refresh beat the 27 inch ones. Ultimate picture quality goes to the 27 inch models though.

Back
Top Bottom