Is violence against women now the new norm for the Tory party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A neighbour told the Guardian they heard a woman screaming followed by “slamming and banging”. At one point Symonds could be heard telling Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”

Doesn't sound like normal "being loud in an argument" to me. At least my wife has never had cause to say "get off me!" during an argument.

How do we know that BJ wasn't simply restraining CS in an effort to stop her from being violent towards him or possibly even stopping her hurting herself.

I've previously had to stop a now former partner from being violent towards me and "get off me" was something they repeatedly shouted.

Soldato
“Police attended and spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well. There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action.”

Total non-event, I find it odd that the neighbour recorded the argument, called the police and sold the "story" to the guardian. And that the neighbour went as far as recording the identification markings of the attending cars. No agenda there at all.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
“Police attended and spoke to all occupants of the address, who were all safe and well. There were no offences or concerns apparent to the officers and there was no cause for police action.”

Total non-event, I find it odd that the neighbour recorded the argument, called the police and sold the "story" to the guardian. And that the neighbour went as far as recording the identification markings of the attending cars. No agenda there at all.

Doesn't mean nothing happened though - victims of domestic abuse rarely take it further with the police when they turn up, will often go back to their abuser multiple times, etc. though it seems remarkably convenient timing wise.

Caporegime
A baffoon in power in the states and a buffoon soon to be in power in the UK...

It’s like we are devolving rather than evolving.

Never evolved in the first place, it was just hidden from view because there weren't echo chambers to shrivel up in.

What you have to remember is to some the action isn't important, what matters is the politics of the person involved.

What politics are those, because I don't think Boris really fits at all, he's a bigoted selfish **** and why exactly do you think that there's any non-partisan ground left Dolph?

After the last decade, thought you'd realise that non-partisan politics was over.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Doesn't mean nothing happened though - victims of domestic abuse rarely take it further with the police when they turn up, will often go back to their abuser multiple times, etc. though it seems remarkably convenient timing wise.

Equally it doesn't mean something did, the onus is on you or others to prove he's a domestic abuser if that's what you suspect. Thankfully we don't live in a country where imagining something makes it true and should be held against the accused for all eternity, even though nearly half the population seem to think we do.

Man of Honour
Equally it doesn't mean something did, the onus is on you or others to prove he's a domestic abuser if that's what you suspect. Thankfully we don't live in a country where imagining something makes it true and should be held against the accused for all eternity, even though nearly half the population seem to think we do.

Agreed.

Soldato
I am somewhat surprised that the likely next Prime Minister has managed to keep this contretemps fairly quiet :confused:

edited - the meeja have finally caught onto and are reluctantly now reporting this latest example of Bonker Boris' spoilt, selfish, arrogant behaviour.
From what I can tell Boris spilt red wine all over her sofa and she hit the roof about it (over reacted) and he tried to say sorry with a cuddle to which she then told him to get off and get out.

She has a firey temper and he is a bit awkward. That results in a bit of a domestic.

Nothing more to hear or see really. The media as usual are over reacting.

Soldato
A neighbour told the Guardian they heard a woman screaming followed by “slamming and banging”. At one point Symonds could be heard telling Johnson to “get off me” and “get out of my flat”

Doesn't sound like normal "being loud in an argument" to me. At least my wife has never had cause to say "get off me!" during an argument.
My wife has. When she gets really mad I wind her up even more by giving her a cuddle or at least attempt to. This results in her screaming " get off me".

Man of Honour
How do we know that BJ wasn't simply restraining CS in an effort to stop her from being violent towards him or possibly even stopping her hurting herself.

I've previously had to stop a now former partner from being violent towards me and "get off me" was something they repeatedly shouted.
My exact thought too. From what I've heard described on the news the neighbour reported the partner "shouting" and Boris "saying" get off his laptop etc. Similar to yourself I've had to hold my wife in the past to stop her hitting me and also had the "get off me" comment thrown my way while I'm holding her arms to stop her punching me.

It's a non-story, politically motivated, until I see more evidence of one party bring physically agressive to the other.

Associate
All we know so far is that Boris probably had a noisy argument with his partner. Unless more evidence emerges then we know nothing more than that. That's something many of us do every day. This is just a smeer against him for political aims. I am happy to change my mind if any actual evidence does come out.

OP's thread is deliberately misleading, sensationalist and political drivel.
This ^

"Man and woman have an argument" shocker. Total non-story and AWFULLY convenient timing ...

Permabanned
If noisy arguments were actually illegal this forum would be closed as indeed would the chamber of the House of Commons. Boris is no doubt under some stress at the moment, I know I can get very uppity at such times. Recording a presumably one off argument to take to the press sounds like a considered plan to make mischief. I have to wonder what the neighbour's goal is? If it were Trump he'd probably put some PI's on the neighbours and return the complement in spades ;) If I had recorded every domestic I have witnessed the database would be massive.

Soldato
The media should know, and indeed do, that it'll be much more fun for storywriters to have Boris in when we dander off into oblivion.
Thus helping get him there by double playing such stories as this, is a great idea.
Get him in, lots to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom