Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
I drove a Lotus Carlton back from the IOW to Twickenham. Went to the IOW to meet a customer, the car was the salesman’s company car so I asked if I could drive it back. I drove it back en-haste and the only comment the salesman made was “so don’t you value your license” so I slowed down for a mile or two.

The car was absolutely fabulous to drive.

Caporegime
I drove a Lotus Carlton back from the IOW to Twickenham. Went to the IOW to meet a customer, the car was the salesman’s company car so I asked if I could drive it back. I drove it back en-haste and the only comment the salesman made was “so don’t you value your license” so I slowed down for a mile or two.

The car was absolutely fabulous to drive.

A salesman had a Lotus Carlton as a company car? WTF company was that? Jesus! :p

I'm jealous, I would kill just to drive one let alone own one.

Soldato
Back in the era when the power in turbo cars came in all at once and was scary AF in a RWD :D

I'd love to remap a modern car to be like that just for fun.

Caporegime
Back in the era when the power in turbo cars came in all at once :D

I'd love to remap a modern car to be like that just for fun.

The Ovlov is a little bit like that. Obviously not to the same degree but there is a bit of nothing-nothing-whooooooosh!

Its fun.

Interestingly the car in that video is registered as a Vauxhall Carlton GSI 3000. Most were registered as a Vauxhall Lotus Carlton, including the early prototypes... Wonder what is going on there! It is still on the road though! :D

They are also £80,000 - £120,000 condition dependant these days!

Last edited:
Soldato
20190626-231327.jpg

20190622-210217.jpg

20190622-210219.jpg

Soldato
So this got collected today. Along with a CLK GTR, DBR9, AM DB4 and an AM LMP.

Unbelievable
Interesting selection, and asuming the DB4 is one of the new ones then none of them are road legal unless modified! I'd love to say the DB4 would be my choice but I'm not sure I could turn down a CLK GTR

Any pics?

The owner of the garage has some lovely bits and bobs too, including a F40 and CGT I believe.

Associate
Interesting selection, and asuming the DB4 is one of the new ones then none of them are road legal unless modified! I'd love to say the DB4 would be my choice but I'm not sure I could turn down a CLK GTR

Any pics?

The owner of the garage has some lovely bits and bobs too, including a F40 and CGT I believe.

I’ll post some later when I’m home. I was told it was a DB4, so may not be, I’m not too clued on old Aston’s.

Yeah he does, there’s always some lovely eye candy in the window.

Back
Top Bottom