• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Man of Honour
The car companies don’t have an issue though. They just keep jacking up the price to make sure they can offer stuff others don’t. I generally buy Euro cars because the Japanese and Korean stuff can’t compete on all fronts. But at least you get something extra for what you pay - it’s not like an iPhone where you pay more and just get a different operating system. You can choose to buy an expensive car, and at least it looks good inside and out and sounds nice and is fast.

And loses a ridiculous amount the moment you drive it off the forecourt :( was kind of depressing when I was looking at buying a pickup recently - good spec ~50 grand new and not even a year old with almost no mileage and they were down to 30 grand and 12-18 month old ones in good condition and reasonable mileage were like 17 grand (and not beaten up around the farm or anything like that).

Caporegime
Wasn't they supposed to be coming in at the price point of their normal variants?

£400 is ridiculous for a card that will probably match up with a £300 Vega 64.
The "leaked" pricing for 2060 Super is $430.

Take with a pinch of salt tho.

e: Also don't forget that the 5700(XT) is £380 - £450.

So they're both just pushing prices upwards, and pretending that older cards don't exist/never existed.

Soldato
And loses a ridiculous amount the moment you drive it off the forecourt :( was kind of depressing when I was looking at buying a pickup recently - good spec ~50 grand new and not even a year old with almost no mileage and they were down to 30 grand and 12-18 month old ones in good condition and reasonable mileage were like 17 grand (and not beaten up around the farm or anything like that).

Dunno, maybe problem for those who buy new but I am quite happy for others to pay the tax as well as huge 1st 18 month depreciation just for a bit of new car smell and I will happily buy 2nd hand.... So I have no problem with depreciation.
I always said no matter how well of I am if I have 13k to spend on a car I will buy 18month old 20k car.. if I have 30k to spend I will buy 18month old 50k car.

Man of Honour
Dunno, maybe problem for those who buy new but I am quite happy for others to pay the tax as well as huge 1st 18 month depreciation just for a bit of new car smell and I will happily buy 2nd hand.... So I have no problem with depreciation.
I always said no matter how well of I am if I have 13k to spend on a car I will buy 18month old 20k car.. if I have 30k to spend I will buy 18month old 50k car.

I bought a 4 year old pickup and aside from the driver's side floor mat which for some reason was badly worn, and the drivers side scuff plate which had come loose at one end, everything else internally was immaculate as new condition and it still had that new car smell (probably helped along a bit by the dealer who was selling it mind). I've a suspicion the dealer did a sneaky switch with the floor mat maybe sold the original one as new to another customer and stuck their old one into my vehicle before selling :( as it doesn't match the rest of the vehicle at all wear wise - also possible I guess the previous owner switched it out before selling as they ran a fleet of the same vehicle.

Last edited:
Soldato
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2070-SUPER.jpg
https://videocardz.com/newz/exclusive-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-super-pictured

Someone is a fan of the old BSG series!

Back
Top Bottom