Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Associate
My chipset fan was on 4000rpm but I have put that new beta bios on and its working perfect! Put the fan to performance and I cant hear it now!

Associate
The only thing that seems to really stress the chipset is NVMe drives, particularly running two at the same time.

There’s not really that much else on it, USB, SATA and so on.

For X570, that seemed to be what everyone was saying prior to launch.

But it seems der8auer's findings show that stressing the X570 chipset with 1x NVMe drive (either Gen3 or Gen4) results in only an additional ~1.5W chipset power consumption. Without any devices connected to the X570 chipset, it's already idling at ~7.4W power consumption. Don't think the reason for the high idle power consumption has yet been determined.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=qk3PD-4zPN0&t=13m41s

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@Plec

your dream... was done by gigabyte many moons ago... a proper heatsink design.. also they had done fins on the vrms way before too...

GB%20Z77X-UP7%20Top_575px.jpg

@GIGA-Man need to seen the R&D team back in the past!

Associate
Gutted about the Xtreme being another few weeks away as I really do want that board!

I suppose I waited this long whats another few weeks aside from a few items being on sale! Guess Im going to have to pay for 2 delivery costs :( or settle for MSI X570 Godlike... "settle".

Plus I really need some time off work but saving those precious days for my new build, damn you Gigabyte!!! Lol

Soldato
OP
@Jacknm2

im surprised its being released a while before 16 core 3950x ...

me personally, would go Aorus Master , £300 saving is hard not to ignore - no its not as pretty but its a damn good board none the less!

Associate
I have seen the reports on the downclocks for the newer BIOS and this too is being looked into, the AGESA code is very new so we are working hard to make sure it's optimized correctly for all board and the large number of components that plug into the boards.

Associate
@Jacknm2

im surprised its being released a while before 16 core 3950x ...

me personally, would go Aorus Master , £300 saving is hard not to ignore - no its not as pretty but its a damn good board none the less!
Yea me too, which was why I was eager when I seen it on the site.

I cany argue with the savings and have been looking that board but its also on pre order so I have no idea how lonh i've to wait on that. Also do not want a chipset fan lol but with derbauers findings and the fact Im doing a CWC 3900X build I suppose it makes sense to go for the Master and get my planned 32GB ram instead of 16GB.

But it looks so pretty! Lol

Soldato
@Plec

your dream... was done by gigabyte many moons ago... a proper heatsink design.. also they had done fins on the vrms way before too...
Yeah, that's a nicely designed board (no m.2. slots getting in the way - and very orange!) - this could have possibly been implemented on a select mid-range x570. Stick the first m.2. slot beneath the motherboard and then there would be easy access for a heatpipe from the VRM to the PCH (perhaps an extra low-profile heatsink, en-route (?)) - very much like the above but only servicing PCH/VRM (although route pass the memory slot seems simple enough on the Xtreme.). Wonder if this would have been enough for the lower/mid-range boards? That all said - probably way more expense with production/materials... :/

Need more users to start b*st*rdising their expensive boards and chucking up data (not much to ask)...

Sorry, that's a hard pass from me... :)
You realise you've given Orbi free reign to smack me around the head with the Xtreme at every given opportunity now - he's even starting to drip the words "10 core INTEL" into my ear, and "not to wait too long"... :D

Soldato
OP
@Plec is someone was smart and had CNC- could easily make high quality heatsinks for the market

with the master - could have just done heat pipe to backplate...

I prob couldnt even lift that board !!!!!!!!

Caporegime
I've just checked and I'm still on bios F2. I don't know if it's worth me flashing to a newer version until the problems have been ironed out. I really would like to get my chip a bit cooler though. 38-40 idle and 75-78 running cinebench R20 seems a tad high to me. Using a H100i AIO.

Soldato
OP
I've just checked and I'm still on bios F2. I don't know if it's worth me flashing to a newer version until the problems have been ironed out. I really would like to get my chip a bit cooler though. 38-40 idle and 75-78 running cinebench R20 seems a tad high to me. Using a H100i AIO.

temps seem fine, nothing like 9900k needing a 360 clc/aio !

using thermal grizzly paste and clc in front of the case ?

Soldato
Agree with Orbi - idle temps are nothing to be concerned about and your synthetic stress temps are fine.

Caporegime
Well after the above posts, I decided to chance a 5 minute Prime95 test. Bit shocked at the results...…...My PC's blown up!......jk :p

No, it was a pleasant surprise. Throughout the entire test with all cores on full load, fans ramped up and according to Ryzen master and core temp, my temps never went higher than 55. That seems a staggeringly low number to me, however, it's highly unlikely that both programs are wrong. so I'm happy now that I have adequate cooling.

Soldato
OP
Well after the above posts, I decided to chance a 5 minute Prime95 test. Bit shocked at the results...…...My PC's blown up!......jk :p

No, it was a pleasant surprise. Throughout the entire test with all cores on full load, fans ramped up and according to Ryzen master and core temp, my temps never went higher than 55. That seems a staggeringly low number to me, however, it's highly unlikely that both programs are wrong. so I'm happy now that I have adequate cooling.

what board you running ?

Back
Top Bottom