Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Associate
Looks like I'll be having fun with bios issues when I actually get it. Think I'm settled on the idea of the Aorus Master and just upping my Ram. Shouldny really need the xtreme for 3900X, sales make it worth while getting 2 deliveries. Just wish I knew about the loyal forum member benefits and Id of jumped ship from aria sooner lol.

4.2. Still won’t hit 4.6. That could be bios issue though.
From what Ive seen most tech channels are hitting 4.3 on all cores at a push with some losing the lotto and only managing 4.1 so Im not sure about you hitting 4.6 on all cores yet any way, it could be bios related though why are not getting around 4.4.

Not having my hands on any cant say more than what I see from tech media.

Associate
Aorus has better VRM too :)
what would you say go with im torn between the £300 one that is due in tomorrow or go with the 265 pro I think it is (but we dont get the wifi for some reason not that it matters to me since I use ethernet anyway)

*forgot to add I wont be overclocking, im just gonna let the mobo do its thing and im cooling the 3700x with my h100i se

Soldato
OP
what would you say go with im torn between the £300 one that is due in tomorrow or go with the 265 pro I think it is (but we dont get the wifi for some reason not that it matters to me since I use ethernet anyway)

*forgot to add I wont be overclocking, im just gonna let the mobo do its thing and im cooling the 3700x with my h100i se

I think you get an extra m.2 with the ultra over the Pro and WiFi.
Ultra has dual finned heatsink and Pro just has it on the main bank .
If saving say £30 can push extra GPU power, I know what I would do . Or cash used to push 3800x if your not going to manually overclock and let PBO donors work with the extra headroom /tdp

Associate
I think you get an extra m.2 with the ultra over the Pro and WiFi.
Ultra has dual finned heatsink and Pro just has it on the main bank .
If saving say £30 can push extra GPU power, I know what I would do . Or cash used to push 3800x if your not going to manually overclock and let PBO donors work with the extra headroom /tdp
ive already got a 3700x, some of what you said then has confused me sorry.

Associate
Don't need the WiFi, get the Pro and save £30 ;)
I really dont know what to do I think the chipset cooler looks crap compared to the £300 model Im also not a fan of the back shroud. i just expect more for the price of the board alone. considering I can buy £170 boards with post codes on them and nicer looking shrouds

Soldato
I really dont know what to do I think the chipset cooler looks crap compared to the £300 model Im also not a fan of the back shroud
If you have a windowed case and aesthetics are important to you - the £30 will be worth it if you have the money (just promise you won't spoil it with unicorn vomit).

I prefer the look of the ULTRA over the PRO - it's almost as though they made the PRO deliberately stark/ugly to creep up your spending...

But, if you have no window - definitely get the Pro.

Associate
If you have a windowed case and aesthetics are important to you - the £30 will be worth it if you have the money (just promise you won't spoil it with unicorn vomit).

I prefer the look of the ULTRA over the PRO - it's almost as though they made the PRO deliberately stark/ugly to creep up your spending...

But, if you have no window - definitely get the Pro.
I do have a windowed case I have the r6 in black but ive been tempted to get the pc011 in white. I do have rgb but i keep it mainly to pink and blue to gvie it a vapour wave look plus the strip behind my desk is nice on the eyes at night

Soldato
I do have a windowed case I have the r6 in black but ive been tempted to get the pc011 in white. I do have rgb but i keep it mainly to pink and blue to gvie it a vapour wave look plus the strip behind my desk is nice on the eyes at night
From your reply it sounds aesthetics play a significant part in the enjoyment of your hardware (i enjoy it and i can't see mine) - in which case i would say £30 is no brainier for getting a motherboard that suits your overall build/taste.

Associate
From your reply it sounds aesthetics play a significant part in the enjoyment of your hardware (i enjoy it and i can't see mine) - in which case i would say £30 is no brainier for getting a motherboard that suits your overall build/taste.
yeah it is one thing I like to go for I wouldnt want to put a bare board in my pc like the old mobos before we got all the rear ios covered up

Soldato
OP
Guys ,i cant wait for the hero , the aorus master good choice for the 3900x? any bios ,software issues? good mobo?

Thanks!

In terms of the design, the master is better !

Bios has improved greatly ! Even 8 Pack doesn't mind it lol .

Customer service and RMA is above and beyond to
Also get wifi

Back
Top Bottom