• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

WHICH RTX SUPER CARD? GIBBO RECOMMENDS ASUS EVO OC CARDS!!!

Associate
How do we find where we are in the queue for the Dual? I've basically bought an entire PC in components from OC this week and was happy to wait until the weekend for the GPU as I'm at work anyway but if we're now talking a couple of weeks for the 2070S to be available I'd like the option to change my mind.

Soldato
Hi there

Found another 2080 based 2070 SUPER and I got a supported cost to hold this price point for a little while longer, so get those pre-orders in:

Aorus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £548.99 inc VAT

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Aoru...DDR6-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-1B6-GI.html
GV-N207SAORUS-8GC, Boost Clock: 1905MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Cuda Cores: 2560, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Turing, 12nm Process, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 3 Years Warranty

Only £548.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

This just shows how relatively good the price is on the Asus 2070S Evo.

The Gigabyte costs an extra £74 for a few extra MHz boost.

Shame Asus aren't supporting it with the trade in.

Thanks for asking the question though :)

Associate
I'd love to know where i am in the queue too, guessing i should be fine as I ordered within a couple of minutes but patience has never been one of my virtues.

OcUK Staff
OP
Some EVO's arriving tomorrow all being well, just around 10 units though, but they will come people just need to be patient as sales are insane with it being £475 for such a fast card! :)

Associate
Some EVO's arriving tomorrow all being well, just around 10 units though, but they will come people just need to be patient as sales are insane with it being £475 for such a fast card! :)

Thanks for the update.
Would be nice if I am one of those 10, otherwise, I will wait patiently in line.

Soldato
Asus just supported 5700 XT, that is now £399!

I am sure they will come up trumps on Strix cards, but were not taking any chances, if we made huge margins on GPU we'd happily take risk, but we do not so we can't risk pre-selling loads to then when they land then make little to nothing or even a loss.

As Aorus is £549 with 4yr warranty and confirmed also to have a 2080 PCB and also a very high boost clock, I am sure Asus will want to compete as the Aorus card is also very good and the cooler is good too.

Not really, they just took their tax off the 5700XT and now in line with other partners for EXACTLY the same card. Its ASUS tax, everyone can see that. It is ASUS blatantly gouging. It should the same price as the Aorus now. It is only ASUS that really behaves consistently in this way, over-charging vs other partners prices on both NV and AMD cards, they're a meme now.

OCUK are going to defend their 'partners', everyone understands how business works, but people can see what's what with ASUS.

OcUK Staff
OP
Not really, they just took their tax off the 5700XT and now in line with other partners for EXACTLY the same card. Its ASUS tax, everyone can see that. It is ASUS blatantly gouging. It should the same price as the Aorus now. It is only ASUS that really behaves consistently in this way, over-charging vs other partners prices on both NV and AMD cards, they're a meme now.

OCUK are going to defend their 'partners', everyone understands how business works, but people can see what's what with ASUS.

End of the day Asus can charge whatever they want, it is their prerogative to do so and as a consumer with plenty of choice in the market you can choose to pay that premium or buy something else. :)

Associate
I managed to order a 2070S around 14:30 on launch day, do we have any ideas of when to expect shipping? I need to replace a faulty GPU and would be looking to consider an alternative card if its going to be a week or more delay.

Associate
I ordered on Weds and just found I was no. 40 in the queue. As @Gibbo said they were only expecting 10 or so in the first batch and then uncertain numbers going forward I've just called and changed to a 5700XT which will be with me on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom