Amazon Prime Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Bought a Corsair 115i for £85~ after deal & promotional credits and the £100 1tb SSD.

Oh, I also treated myself to some dishwasher tablets....

Soldato
The non vibrating one is on offer with 34% off which is a decent deal but the ultimate premium version isn't even on offer. Its a joke as per usual.

The exact item you want isn't on offer, so the whole thing is a joke? Not everything goes on sale and yes, obviously the newer, more premium things are less likely to be. As with most sales, you pick through and look for some bargains though, of which there were a few.

Not so exciting, but I'd been thinking about the Withings Blood Pressure monitor, to go with the Withings Body+ scales and Sleep Tracker Matt I have from them, and it was reduced from £89 to £63, so took the plunge.

Soldato
The exact item you want isn't on offer, so the whole thing is a joke? Not everything goes on sale and yes, obviously the newer, more premium things are less likely to be. As with most sales, you pick through and look for some bargains though, of which there were a few.

Not so exciting, but I'd been thinking about the Withings Blood Pressure monitor, to go with the Withings Body+ scales and Sleep Tracker Matt I have from them, and it was reduced from £89 to £63, so took the plunge.
The headset was simply an example. I tend to go for the more premium items so I am always left wanting.

Caporegime
Easy to check: https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

The two items I bought were the cheapest they have ever been...

That link should be so well known by now that it shouldn't need a mention. When people say it's a good deal I take it that they already checked it against camel to know that it is, not that they think it is base on the numbers on the Amazon Page.

For example the PS/LR bundle it was listed as £120 down to £70, when I know, even without checking, the normal price is £100. So the savings is £30, not £50 as it was suggesting, but one click on camel will tell you the same. So that was a no brainer purchase, software is something I need and useful. It also seldom gets discounted either apart from this and Black Friday.

I will buy another come Black Friday and stack them.

Soldato
Easy to check: https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/
The two items I bought were the cheapest they have ever been...

..but it doesn't capture prime/black-friday/daily deals themselves does it ? nearly opened a thread on this ...
equally when amazon talk about deals they are not constrained by X% cheaper than average price over last 90days - is it ? that bricks and mortar shops use

hotuk is more valuable to see previous deals .. slightly different models that might be better value .....

Soldato
..but it doesn't capture prime/black-friday/daily deals themselves does it ? nearly opened a thread on this ...
equally when amazon talk about deals they are not constrained by X% cheaper than average price over last 90days - is it ? that bricks and mortar shops use

hotuk is more valuable to see previous deals .. slightly different models that might be better value .....
It might miss the 'prime day' deals from its tracking due to the way they're set up for prime accounts but it normally tracks the discounts from all other sales events that are just straight sales / lightning deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom