car meet 17 injured

Caporegime
I accidentally went into/past one of these by Birmingham airport last year, they are by the Premier Inn/industrial estate at midnight. There is a stretch of road between 2 roundabouts that is exactly quarter-mile (found out when Waze said "in a quarter mile, take the next left)...all night long I can hear cars bombing down it.

I never knew the scene for Fast and Furious was that big in the UK, it was absolutely packed, blocking the entry to the car park into the Premier Inn I was staying at.

Man of Honour
Inevitable really. There have been so many close calls with these meets and not just in this country.

It seems to have become a thing. The past two places I have lived you could hear the racers out at night, see the skid marks on the road the next day and I have even come across rolling races on stretches of the M25.

You just don't see any police, certainly not at night.

Last edited:
Caporegime
There used to be a scene up here 15 years ago. Then the custom car workshop shut down and it sort of died off. I think it's moved to a large car park on the outskirts of the city near a lot of country roads. So it's much better now you don't get them howling through the city centre

Soldato
OP
I went to one local to me in burton, it was massive!

most were well behaved with the usual "pops and bangs" brigade banging off the limiter all night.

Took right till the end of the night for the police to turn up when people started doing 11's and doughnuts in the street. wont go to another one the caliber of car on show was resembling that of a shed, and most the Visitors had to share teeth to get a full set.

Man of Honour
I accidentally went into/past one of these by Birmingham airport last year, they are by the Premier Inn/industrial estate at midnight. There is a stretch of road between 2 roundabouts that is exactly quarter-mile (found out when Waze said "in a quarter mile, take the next left)...all night long I can hear cars bombing down it.

I never knew the scene for Fast and Furious was that big in the UK, it was absolutely packed, blocking the entry to the car park into the Premier Inn I was staying at.

It hasn't taken "this long for something to happen" - https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ester-news/hundreds-turn-up-car-meet-16368789

The media just take more interest when there's a juicy video to play.

Indeed, something similar happened in Cheltenham last year. https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/shocking-moment-boy-racer-loses-2001310

I used to go to meets where we would have lunch somewhere and go for a drive around some nice back roads, it was very civil but you did get the odd idiot. That was over 10 years ago though, now I do track days and JAE every year to get drunk in a field.

I may go to Caffiene and Machine as that isn't far from me and looks quite interesting with some nice cars on show.

Mimms and meets like that I usually find terrible. I went to Mimms once with a track day and the standard of cars and driving on track was terrible.

Last edited:
Soldato
Idiots all of them.

Up here you can go to Teesside Autodrome for about £40/50 a night regularly while there's enough light.

The money they spend on stupid tat for their cars they could spend driving beyond the limit on the track.

Man of Honour
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-boy-racers-plough-youngsters-Stevenage.html

Sorry for mail link . Shows the driver

Young lads with over powered cars and no skills

I love how the Facebook guy tries to male it sound like a proper event. No, the true car events are on track, this is a bunch of kids with reasonably powered cars and zero skill. Amazed this hasn’t happened sooner. Some hefty jail sentences needed for the ‘organiser’ and drivers. I suspect they’ll get their licences back in no time though.

Back
Top Bottom