car meet 17 injured

Caporegime
The thing is there are so many great things going on all over the country for the car enthusiast it is just the brain dead Instagram generation are too lazy to look. Silverstone classic is next week. The week after you have BTCC at Snetterton. Even my local track Cadwell has historical racing on this weekend. Never understood these "Maccy D" meets as you rarely see anything rare or decent and the conversation is not what I would entertain.

Man of Honour
Aaaah, Stevenage... You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

(I'm in a nice place about 5 miles from Stevenage. )

Soldato
Police didn't know lol. There is a video of police driving by not long before the crash and stopping to check it out before leaving. They knew, covering their arses. End of day you don't need much. Park a police car by the exit and it'll return to normal. You can't ban these events but I guess they've got no resources to sit there watching them. As far as fault goes the Toyota guy is mostly at fault here in my opinion. Didn't help by the fact that the Z was speeding but even then you don't pull out of a junction at speed when you can't see what's coming.

Man of Honour
Park a police car by the exit and it'll return to normal.

The big one near work I think half the reason it looks like it is so boring is that the police cruise by 2-3x a night hah - they usually don't do anything other than show their presence until near the end then grab some low hanging fruit. They obviously have someone undercover though as more than once I've seen them pounce on specific vehicles out of nowhere as they are leaving.

Soldato
....Toyota guy is mostly at fault here in my opinion. Didn't help by the fact that the Z was speeding but even then you don't pull out of a junction at speed when you can't see what's coming.
Yeah I saw a previous one of the same stretch of road and there's a police car parked near by so all the cars are just obeying the speed limit. You're right on the fault as well, clearly the Toyota guy's fault.

Soldato
What idiots, hope they all get harsh punishments that caused this, but worrying that the police were not even aware of the event!

Article says they were in contact with a police liaison officer in case of people messing about so apparently the police were aware people were having meets.

Doesn't mean anyone was aware of or encouraging stunt driving. Organiser seemed quite clear in saying he was only organising a static event.

Soldato
So... The guys in the Toyota didn't have a scratch on them yet the roof had to be cut off? Also states he works at a Toyota garage and was from out of town... I wonder which garage was down a demonstrator the following morning?

Back
Top Bottom