G.Skill trident z neo

Permabanned
Anyone have info on when the g.skill trident z neo will be available to purchase in the UK?

The modules I'm interested in are the 32gb -3600 CL14-15-15-35

Cheers.

Permabanned
OP
I had no idea that was on the horizon, thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

I've never used that brand before but I've heard good things, the heatspreaders look nice.

I don't care for rgb anyway, gimme the timings.

Edit:
When you say soon is there an eta, I have 28 days to return 32gb g.skill 3600 CL16 that I paid £100 over retail for.

Soldato
@8 Pack: Any ballpark for how long 'soon' is going to be as G.Skill have said availability is this month, probably longer for the UK.

Also would i be right in suspecting your 8Pack 3600mhz c14, and G.Skill's Neo's, are using Samsung's new 3rd gen 10nm ICs?

Permabanned
OP
Yeah same ic I think. Us higher quality pcb. Should be late this month for stock...

That's good to know cheers, I'll send my ram back to the rainforest as soon as I see this in stock.

Who knows, by then my 3900x might have arrived and asus may have a working bios for the crosshair vii...

Permabanned
OP
From what I've read, the 3000 series isn't as picky when it comes to memory as previous ryzen gens.

Any idea on a rough price for the 32gb kit?

Permabanned
OP
Anyone heard anymore on this new neo set? Been holding back to see how this performs.

I've found a place to buy it but I obviously can't post where.

£620 for the 32gb c14 kit and that isn't even with postage.

I think I'm going to hold onto my 32gb 3600c16, I felt dirty enough spending that much on ram as it is!!

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Sadly the prices are only going up recently, there's some import/export spat going on wherever dram is produced also everone wanting bdie for their ryzen builds.

The kit I purchased 2 weeks ago has gone up £70 already and it was £480 to begin with as most places are out of stock.

Managed to get my hands on a 3900x today, will see how tight I can get the 3600c16 and go from there, got two weeks to send it back if need be but I have a feeling that I'll keep hold of it.

Soldato
I can't workout why everyone is so desperate to get their hands on b-die when it's being replaced by what *seems to be a far **superior product.

*Assuming the Neo Z and 8Pack versions are using the 3rd generation of Samsung's 10nm DDR dies.

**Based on being able to achieve similar speeds to b-die but with tighter timings.

Permabanned
OP
Yeah I've been keeping my eyes on the newcomers but I haven't seen enough benchmarks thrown around to make an informed decision either way.

I'm going to get this all setup in a couple of days time and look at my options, have a couple of weeks to return this kit.

Back
Top Bottom