• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Threadripper and Memory.

Associate
Damn board. Funny as the bios on the 399 prime was total junk and memory was impossible to fiddle with. My favourite 399 board by a long shot now esxi stuff is fixed has to be the taichi. I recon though that with the right bios tweaks to manual oc mode, setting ram agencies manually, voltages with a 100mv offset etc will get all of the sticks running stable.

Did you watch the youtube video i did? till the end with them damn bleeps and then having it reset back to 2800 ? None of that with the old bios, dial it in and it stays in. Tho windows blue screens at the highest settings its ok at 3000, ill have to have a fiddle with it when i get time.

Associate
I take it you use it for applications other than games (though I bet it still would deliver in that regard anyway)? I expect its single-core speed is still pretty decent, all considered.

Mostly Boinc , I will try some gaming as well, just downloaded the rtx version of quake2 but i really need a better monitor and It does some mining when im not around (that's how i paid for the cpu with £1600 of btc) Might take a while to get that back again lol

Edit: Not had time to play with cpu yet, was worried about memory settings and expensive 3200 only running at 2800 lol, got cpu to do 4.0 in the bios but not had it stable again since.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Did you watch the youtube video i did? till the end with them damn bleeps and then having it reset back to 2800 ? None of that with the old bios, dial it in and it stays in. Tho windows blue screens at the highest settings its ok at 3000, ill have to have a fiddle with it when i get time.

I did! reminds me a lot of trying to get my ram to 3466 (its xmp settings) on just about any board with 8 sticks. With mine if I just want to not touch a lot and be stable 2933 xmp works without any extra tweaking so no load line or anything just xmp. Above that and more juice is required.

Associate
Thank you for contacting ASUS support. My name is Arsen.

Unfortunately this seems like compatibility issue with the RAM you are using. Please check the part number for the RAM in the QVL list below :

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...98.409391260.1563794273-2047593431.1521203834

If possible test the board with a different set of RAM.

We would also advise you to make a CMOS reset of the BIOS by taking out the CMOS battery for 3-5 minutes while the PSU is unplugged. While the power cord from the PSU is still unplugged, press the power button down for 30 seconds to power discharge the unit. Then place the CMOS battery back in, plug in the PSU and try again.

After this go into the BIOS > Advanced Menu > APM Configuration, from here set the ERP Ready to Enable S4 + S5 or Enabled S5 and set the Restore AC Power Loss to Last State and test the motherboard again.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us as we are always here to help.

Hope 8pack gets to see this , total rollocks of course, and this is Asus support! o dear. Not going to try and muck my pc up with that bios thing.

Man of Honour
OP
Thank you for contacting ASUS support. My name is Arsen.

Unfortunately this seems like compatibility issue with the RAM you are using. Please check the part number for the RAM in the QVL list below :

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...98.409391260.1563794273-2047593431.1521203834

If possible test the board with a different set of RAM.

We would also advise you to make a CMOS reset of the BIOS by taking out the CMOS battery for 3-5 minutes while the PSU is unplugged. While the power cord from the PSU is still unplugged, press the power button down for 30 seconds to power discharge the unit. Then place the CMOS battery back in, plug in the PSU and try again.

After this go into the BIOS > Advanced Menu > APM Configuration, from here set the ERP Ready to Enable S4 + S5 or Enabled S5 and set the Restore AC Power Loss to Last State and test the motherboard again.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us as we are always here to help.

Hope 8pack gets to see this , total rollocks of course, and this is Asus support! o dear. Not going to try and muck my pc up with that bios thing.

If you wanted I could send you half of my ram 32gb gskill b-die 3466 and you could at least test if it is a ram issue. Are you running all 8 sticks or 4? I have 2 32gb quad channel kits and so long as you send it back id be happy for you to have a go. The truth is though I think there is nothing wrong with the ram :)

Did you really expect asus generic support to give any good info at all?

Associate
Im running all 4 at 3000 no problem, with the older bios you can make any memory tweak you want and the motherboard will boot without damn beeping at you like a banshee and then resetting itself in a huffy fit.
Thanks for the offer but I think im ok now
And not really , computer says no jobs worth type reply lol

Back
Top Bottom