Does Waxing Give A Significant Visual Difference?

Associate
Title really, I currently just use the 2 bucket wash method. Is Waxing every 3 months or so worth it? Will it give a significant noticeable increase in visual shine and deepness to the car, or is it more a case of it just protects the paint etc?

Thanks

Caporegime
Sorry to hijack, but do people use a DAP to buff their wax / glaze coat and if so, what pad do you use?

Or do you just use a mf cloth and do it by hand?

Having a DAP it strikes me that this should be a quick low effort way to get an amazing shine.

Soldato
A wax can make a car look shinier simply due the fact that it can fill some very small imperfections giving the paintwork a smoother shinier look. As it also helps bead water off and dirt not to stick, wax can also keep a car looking shinier for longer. However put 2 fully detailed cars next to each other, one waxed one not, then I don't think anyone is going to ever be able to tell which is which.

Soldato
Wax probably makes water marks worse. As you then have beads of water that evaporate leaving lots of round water marks.
An unwaxed car the water doesn't bread so watermarks aren't as noticeable.

Soldato
Currently having this debate with myself! Going to be taking it in for a decent machine polish and paint correction and finding a lot of people are pushing ceramic coatings.
As you obviously don't do it yourself you may as well get the coating, makes washing it easier.
If like a lot of us we enjoy the process ourselves then it's not worth it. Though it's not like applying wax twice a year is hard work.

Back
Top Bottom