• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AIB 5700XT

Soldato
So which version is everyone planning on going for? So far of the "leaked" cards the Red Devil has my interest. I am looking it to see what the Sapphire Toxic is like but suspect the price won't make sense.

The plan is buy a 5700XT run it air cooled until big Navi shows up then sell it and watercool the big boy.

Associate
gigabyte one is at the top of the list if the price is low. Given the performance difference is negligible between standard and overclocked I'll be going for the quietest one at a sensible price

Permabanned
Doesn't the 5700XT match the 2070s in some games and get beaten in others. If that's so then surely the 5700XT is the better long term option. Fine wine etc

Pretty much every single AMD card in history has only gotten faster/better with each driver update, same can't be said for nvidia hardware.

It's not fine wine, because it starts at vinegar and eventually becomes drinkable. :p

Soldato
It's not fine wine, because it starts at vinegar and eventually becomes drinkable. :p

Lol, I do prefer how AMD support their cards for longer though. Smart move is probably buy in 12 months into the life of new AMD cards when there is a deal on. Sadly I need a card now even if it is a bad time to buy.

Permabanned
Lol, I do prefer how AMD support their cards for longer though. Smart move is probably buy in 12 months into the life of new AMD cards when there is a deal on. Sadly I need a card now even if it is a bad time to buy.

The cards look pretty good to be fair but just once I wish they would unlock the full potential from near the start. I'm waiting for double 1080 performance. :)

Caporegime
One would hope so, I agree the drivers seem to affect people's stability lately by fixing one thing and breaking something else.

My Vega was solid tbf, both undervolted and overclocked. This XT has just been niggly, a clean Windows install fixes it apparently but I'm resisting!

Soldato
It's not really a case of locking or unlocking the performance, that just comes with time as they optimize the drivers. Current drivers are using emulation for the GCN code so once they go native RDNA there should be a noticeable performance increase. Probably won't see that until the next iteration of the AMD drivers.

Associate
So which version is everyone planning on going for? So far of the "leaked" cards the Red Devil has my interest. I am looking it to see what the Sapphire Toxic is like but suspect the price won't make sense.

The plan is buy a 5700XT run it air cooled until big Navi shows up then sell it and watercool the big boy.

I'll be looking for the quietest one personally

Associate

My case is space limited (290mm max for a graphics card) so will undoubtedly have to be a dual fan design. I'm guessing the Asus Dual Evo OC will fit the bill.

Associate
Then you should look for a card with a big heatsink and sizeable fans.

Sapphire Nitro+ generally quite good in terms of quietness because of that, though they might cost a bit more.

Yep I know, I had one before (Fury Nitro OC) and was really pleased with it from a noise perspective. Definitely looking forward for Sapphire's announcement.

Associate
that strix card and the gigabyte one will fit as they are about 285mm

Very nice. Good to have options, though can't see myself spending £500 for a Strix somehow. Hopefully the Gigabyte and other 3 fan designs can be more competitive and still fit.

Associate
Very nice. Good to have options, though can't see myself spending £500 for a Strix somehow. Hopefully the Gigabyte and other 3 fan designs can be more competitive and still fit.

me neither - Gigabyte looks nice as does the XFX thicc. TBH which ever one is the quietest will do me. performance differences will be negligible

Back
Top Bottom