Would you buy a Huawei

Associate
OP
Some funny replies, made me laugh :)

Someone posted a link to a similar threas, sorry for starting a new one.

The reason I asked as am thinking about a Mate 20 Pro, they seem to get good reviews.

Virgin are doing them from £22 at the mo + £100 cashback which is a lot cheaper than the 30 pro or Samsung

Someone also mention they are going to do their OS, well I wish them luch. Microsoft tried and failed...................

Last edited:
Soldato
the mate 20 pro is an awesome phone ,my ex said "im not into phones but wow" the screen really stands out as does the back ,one of the reasons i got as i couldnt see my last phone screen in full sun.
also the camera results are amazing .now also a 30x zoom.
waterproof was also on my list and nfc for train travel ect
biggest change though is the battery paired with ultra fast charger ,no need to leave on overnight ,you probably lose 20 or 30 percent in day and thats topped up in minutes in the morning

Soldato
The only thing I dont like is the curved edge screen. Mate had an Galaxy S8 and struggled to get a screen protector that stayed on which I assume would be the same problem with the Mate 20 Pro?
well tbh ive ended up with 2 scratches from keys (coating maybe as they seem to be showing less now).totally my fault ,but sandy pockets havnt effected it ,i did buy a case but it made it look so naf i sent back
so havnt tried a screen protector but yes caution needed with the screen ,

Soldato
Got an older Y6II after my LG G4 failed as I needed a smart phone with Dual Sim that was middle East buyable - The "OOMERGERD THE CHINESE!!!!" never even figured into my thought process as I never expect ANY tech firm (or national Intelligence service) to respect my privacy so I limit what I use them for.

Associate
Just bought a mate 20X, super happy with it. If they want to steal my photos of a hill walk or dirty whatsapp with my girlfriend, go ahead.

Caporegime
To me this just stinks of the west getting worried that China are going to stomp their big brands. If people seriously think Google doesn't spy in some capacity you have to be crazy.

I don't worry about google being an enemy state actor, they can hoover up all they like, letting something like Huawei in or near devices is basically like transporting spies across the channel.

It might not be relevant now (visibly), but what about when there's millions of these chips/connections and we take a tumble with China at some point? (I know China makes a good chunk of western devices, but i'd imagine they wouldn't let their designs change beyond Silicon Valley, so minimal threat)

Caporegime
I don't worry about google being an enemy state actor, they can hoover up all they like, letting something like Huawei in or near devices is basically like transporting spies across the channel.

It might not be relevant now (visibly), but what about when there's millions of these chips/connections and we take a tumble with China at some point? (I know China makes a good chunk of western devices, but i'd imagine they wouldn't let their designs change beyond Silicon Valley, so minimal threat)

Empires rise and fall. That's the nature of things.

Soldato
Mate 20 pro is a great phone.

They also do screen protectors that are glass and use LOCA glue to stick it down.

Really good.

Associate
Just decided to buy one myself. Old S7 broke so picked up a Huawei. Was a bit concerned about it. But in the end picked up a cheap 12 month contract. Seems to be a good phone so far. And it is not as if the Chinese would learn anything from me if they did decide to spy.

Associate
Yes just purchased this with £65 off from TopCashback + £100 to claim back from Huawei knocks it down to £22.30 a month £535 in total.

Untitled-phone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom