Would you buy a Huawei

Soldato
Probably not, I don't really like Android, I think the store is full of crap and the updates are too fragmented. Plus what Google harvests probably pales into insignificance compared to anything China might.

Caporegime
Probably not, I don't really like Android, I think the store is full of crap and the updates are too fragmented. Plus what Google harvests probably pales into insignificance compared to anything China might.

Harvesting isn't the problem, how it's used is where the real issue arises and I simply cannot ever trust a digital fascist state who may or may not have intentions to take it a step further.

Caporegime
I have an Honor phone (which I believe is a division of Huawei) though I bought it quite a long time ago. I'm not sure what I'd get if I was buying at the present.

Permabanned
Not ideally due to Chinese backdoor (if it is true) but I would rather use one than use anything Apple in fact I rather use this than an iphone:

2-cans.jpg

Caporegime
Chinese ambassador threatens Faroe Islands to sign Huawei 5G contract or lose out on free trade agreement.
https://www.berlingske.dk/internati...ls-china-ambassador-threatened-faroese-leader

USA
Founded on Freedom
Free Speech
Individual rights
A few idiots who have convinced themselves they're under the rule of a dictator

China
Authoritarian and approaching totalitarian
Censorship
Collectivist robots who daren't say a bad word about their government
Locking people up in actual prison camps for "re-education" mostly based on ethnicity

Tough choice tbh.

The biggest threat from the USA is their private corporations getting into bed with countries like China, not their government.

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably not, if I was going to buy an Android phone I would probably go with a Google phone, but I don't know enough about them so would probably do a lot of reading first.

It will be interesting if they do make their own OS, good luck to them. I'll be sticking with Apple for now though.

Soldato
You best avoid Google products then
I have a Nokia phone :D

"If it's important, phone me" is my mantra now. I think not having work email and constant notifications is far better for your mental health, too.

Casual internet browsing only on computer at home now like in the 90s!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom