*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Soldato
My BFV has started to work randomly again. Secondly how do you go about upgrading weapons?

As you level a gun up, for each of the first 4 levels you get access to a specialization perk which enhances the weapon. If you look at the weapon you want to upgrade in a classes customisation menu you'll see specializations (alongside the visual customisation). You can reset the perks when you reach level 5 or 6 IIRC.

Soldato
I had a really good match tonight. The squad leader Titus-someoneorother and me sneaked around "behind enemy lines" capturing objectives and ignored everyone else. Top of the table with zero kills. We hid from tanks as they passed. Flanked an armoured car from two sides and took it out when it spotted us. GG Titus, whoever you were.

Soldato
I've had some cracking games in the last week or so on this. There was a campaign mode thing I played which was set in stages. The map was over large fields was carnage and very fun.

Feel like I'm getting my moneys worth now. It also looks superb

Soldato
LegitimateThoughtfulEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif

Soldato
Deffo agree game is dead or at least feels like that.

I installed it last night for the first time in months, thought I'd give Firestorm a go as I've not tried it yet and it took nearly 10 mins to get into a game, there was 13 people on the whole map when we dropped in.
Then joined a Grand Operations game and there were 19 people in the server.....I reckon there must be more people playing BF3 right than this.

Surely Firestorm needs to go free to play or something in an attempt to drum up some interest?

Caporegime
It's really sad how this game ultimately turned out, meant to be their triumphant return to the theatre of war that started the franchise, and ended up being a glorified early access title. They're still adding stuff that should have been in the game at launch almost a year later, some vehicle skin customisations options are still labelled as "coming soon" ffs. The almighty drag mechanic as predicted was ultimately **** canned after they went public saying it was gonna be in the game then went quiet about it for several months after the release.

Couple that with the backlash to female characters, dice making fun of this in one of their circle jerk parties and pictures of this being put online leading to people to tell them to shove their game up their collective holes, and Patrick Soderlund arrogant "don't like it don't buy it" comments really made this game a PR nightmare. Of course there's also the fact it was released at a minimum of 6 months too early to appease EA and their shareholders for their Christmas back slapping get together.

Baffling how this is the same company that launched BF1 and had a good marketing campaign to show it off, vs the laughable efforts this had put in place.

This will probably be looked back in in a few years as the ultimate example of how not to market and launch a game.

Associate
I’m still holding out that the pacific updates will bring a return to form and classic combined arms Battlefield, with interesting maps.. hope was never the best of strategies lol

And even if they do deliver is anyone going to still be around to notice. Maybe BF6 is the only hope but that’s gotta be a long way off.

Caporegime
I’m still holding out that the pacific updates will bring a return to form and classic combined arms Battlefield, with interesting maps.. hope was never the best of strategies lol

And even if they do deliver is anyone going to still be around to notice. Maybe BF6 is the only hope but that’s gotta be a long way off.

Well this is nearly a year old so would be expecting bf6 late next year seeing as the bf franchise is a biennial game these days. Ea at one point wanted this to be a yearly franchise, then they settled for the short lived MOH one year BF the next. BF1 had a 3 year development cycle so seems to me that 3 years is the minimum development time these games should get. Otherwise you get another bfv, an early access game from supposed triple a studio.

Soldato
Yeah, still BF1 only for me, will be giving the new COD a shot when it's out also.

Yea me too. Fed up with BF5. So many things wrong with it.

One major thing would prefer is paying for premium. At least in the BF1 days I bought premium (DLC) and I had access to the maps and the guns.

As it stands, I think I've played about 2-3 new maps and used none of the new guns. Making it so you have to grind to get the guns is crap. I don't have time to spend grinding.

Performance is still crap too. 1/50 games it plays well. Most of the time it stutters etc..

Another thing that is utter crap in this game is the gun skill trees. Crap.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anthem would like a word :D

Anthem didn't have an ea exec sticking his foot in his mouth saying " don't like it don't buy it" (apparently people opted to take him up on that), calling potential customers ignorant, or the developers pictured at a party with this image among others in the background :

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/464567-battlefield-5-launch-party-criticisms

it makes it even worse knowing that BF1 had a good set of trailers, marketing and launch. But anthem was a pos as well it has to be said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom