*** The Official Battlefield 5 thread***

Associate
I thought it was DX12 that caused the stuttering?

I've found that DX12 is smoother and gets more fps, but others have reported that DX11 is better. The game really sucks because of those stutter issues though.

I keep getting random fps figures when it used to run above 95fps all day. I don't have ray tracing on either.

Associate
I've found that DX12 is smoother and gets more fps, but others have reported that DX11 is better. The game really sucks because of those stutter issues though.

I keep getting random fps figures when it used to run above 95fps all day. I don't have ray tracing on either.

Yeah that sounds about right in dx11 i get over 100+ fps maxed out on a Acer x34 with 980ti Sli so you should be up around the same as my pc is near identical to yours apart from gfx i do think dx11 is a bit better atm.

Soldato
I picked this up today (well, I got EA Access Basic) and looking to see how it runs on my 1070ti at 1080p 60Hz. I'll be disappointed if I can't max it (excluding many layers of AA and any fancy Nvidia only effects like hair works if it has that sort of thing) and get 60fps.

Soldato
For some reason BF V is just now crashing as soon as I get onto the main screen, no errors, tried deleting all files, tried re-installing Origin, tried verifying game files, rebooting etc.. nothing, any ideas?

Associate
I picked this up today (well, I got EA Access Basic) and looking to see how it runs on my 1070ti at 1080p 60Hz. I'll be disappointed if I can't max it (excluding many layers of AA and any fancy Nvidia only effects like hair works if it has that sort of thing) and get 60fps.

Entirely depends on your CPU, my 2600 is at 90+% usage on all 12 threads with a Vega 56 at 1440p. Bfv is much heavier on CPU, not so much on the GPU. 1070ti can do 100+ at ultra 1440 depending on the CPU.

Associate
For some reason BF V is just now crashing as soon as I get onto the main screen, no errors, tried deleting all files, tried re-installing Origin, tried verifying game files, rebooting etc.. nothing, any ideas?

Mine was doing that - took the overclock off my memory and hasn't done it since.

There are actually crash dumps created in %localappadata%\CrashDumps.

That might give you a clue

Associate
So i gave this a go for the first time in ages tonight. Played abit of breakthrough and a new map loaded. I think it maybe an italian map or greek. Map started with a width of about 5cm. Got bored and exited about 5 minutes later. Im surprised i ever put so many hours into it when i first bought it. Theres no skill or squad play just running around as a bullet sponge.

Soldato
I've played a few hours of this now and I am bloody terrible. Not sure I've broken into positive kill/death ratios yet. Whenever I run into someone on equal footing I always lose! I seem to die in about 3 bullets but need 8 or so to actually take someone out.

Soldato
I've played a few hours of this now and I am bloody terrible. Not sure I've broken into positive kill/death ratios yet. Whenever I run into someone on equal footing I always lose! I seem to die in about 3 bullets but need 8 or so to actually take someone out.

Welcome to bfv cheaters are rife, the gAme is utter garbage. Get a refund whilst you still can.

Associate
It's a relatively short learning curve, get a favourite weapon and upgrade it asap. Use cover a lot more than other fps games you may have played, no spotting and ridiculous graphics (turn your settings to low) helps this a lot. Don't play like a headless chicken, decide on an objective and stick to it (use squad orders).
And then, as NoobCannon says, welcome to the cheaters. Who are just everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom