• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Will we see 9600k drop below £200 again on OCUK?

Soldato
6 threads are already maxed out in many games and many reviewers comment on stuttering, if that is what you want from your gaming knock yourself out lol.

Oh and 3600 retires the 9600k lol, and it's cheaper!

Caporegime
6 threads are already maxed out in many games and many reviewers comment on stuttering, if that is what you want from your gaming knock yourself out lol.

Oh and 3600 retires the 9600k lol, and it's cheaper!

There are later Videos from Steve where some of those games have been Ryzen 3000 optimised, or Ryzen 3000 has been optimised for the games, its funny that with AMD these days we are seeing Chip Set drivers acting like GPU drivers where they are used to optimise the CPU.

6 threads are already maxed out in many games and many reviewers comment on stuttering

This shows in the 9600K's 1% lows but to be fair that's with a 2080TI, its why i say a 3600 has better longevity but in this case he's running a 980TI, which is slower than an RTX 2060, he's not going to need the raw MT horse power of the 3600.

Associate
People calling the 9600k crap and then recommending the 3600X O_o

The 9600K will be slightly better than the 3600X for games.

The 3600X only makes any difference of significance for content creation and virtual machines. It is perhaps better future proofed tho but I wouldnt consider in 2019 the differences significant unless you a content creator, or like to run cinebench a lot for giggles.

OP wants simplicity and would be a nice upgrade from ivy bridge.

Yep, AMD fanatics justifying their purchases whilst slagging everything else off.

Soldato
OP
So.... no ones really answered my question haha.

Yes regardless of which cpu i get i will need a new mobo and ram to go with it but with the AMD side i will also need a new waterblock for my cpu as my current one is intel based. This means spending an extra £60-80 on a waterblock unless i can find a bracket to convert my intel block to AMD (Bitspower Summit EF) to save me a few ££.

Caporegime
So.... no ones really answered my question haha.

Yes regardless of which cpu i get i will need a new mobo and ram to go with it but with the AMD side i will also need a new waterblock for my cpu as my current one is intel based. This means spending an extra £60-80 on a waterblock unless i can find a bracket to convert my intel block to AMD (Bitspower Summit EF) to save me a few ££.

Do you plan on upgrading your GPU any time soon? if so what to?

Edit: with in the time frame of owning the new CPU.

Soldato
OP
Do you plan on upgrading your GPU any time soon? if so what to?

Edit: with in the time frame of owning the new CPU.

For this i was either thinking of picking up a cheap second 980ti to run sli as i use to run sli 680's and never had an issue with it or possibly a 1080ti when they come down abit more in price. Would not be purchasing anything above that though, i don't see the point and its not "value for money" in my opinion.

Caporegime
For this i was either thinking of picking up a cheap second 980ti to run sli as i use to run sli 680's and never had an issue with it or possibly a 1080ti when they come down abit more in price. Would not be purchasing anything above that though, i don't see the point and its not "value for money" in my opinion.

Get the 9600K.

Back
Top Bottom