Been offered job in Australia, relocation and visa sponsorship

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Defiantly do it.

I emigrated to Australia almost 5 yeas ago, currently going through the Australian citizenship process. Great country to live in, the economy here is excellent, you'll find that everything costs a lot more, but you get paid a lot more to compensate so will have a lot more disposable income.

Like others have said, don't expect it to be "Britain in the Sun", it's defiantly not. Australia is it's own country and very different from the UK in many ways. I haven't been to Tassie, but it is a small place, not like one of the major cities (I live in Melbourne). People who don't live in Australia really don't have a sense of the size of the country, It's MASSIVE!. Australia is the same distance end to end as London to Moscow.

Did you know Tasmania has the cleanest air on the planet.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jemimaskelley/facts-about-australia

Soldato
Haven't you only just started and poured tons of effort into a new restaurant business in NZ? How on earth could you be planning to move after starting that!

The plan is to sell the business in a few years, once all the new properties are built up and the new motorway junction is opened. I can't go anywhere for 4 years yet. I want my NZ citizenship so i can flit between both countries. By then the business will hopefully have a healthy background and be worth more.

Soldato
The plan is to sell the business in a few years, once all the new properties are built up and the new motorway junction is opened. I can't go anywhere for 4 years yet. I want my NZ citizenship so i can flit between both countries. By then the business will hopefully have a healthy background and be worth more.
Off topic, but I love people like you who have a realistic exit plan for whatever given circumstance they are in.:)

Soldato
I can't guarantee you'll love it, as Australia isn't right for everyone, but it's a great opportunity, and if you really don't like it, you can always move back :)

I think at the very least you should give it a good go!

RxR

RxR

Soldato
There's a severe shortage of housing in Tasmania. Local tv reports that the problem is being caused by AirBnB - too many landlords putting their properties on it to the point of increasing homelessness. Hopefully you've managed to find a place.

Back
Top Bottom