How much do you use yours?

Associate
You would not regret going S, I did the same a month ago, great upgrade was skeptical at first but am really happy with it, my driving sims looks all so sharper.
First thing i need to do is figure out how to safely sell my rift, heard so many stories about people being scammed when selling high value tech on that auction site!

Soldato
Since i got my rift s the thing that has put me off playing most has been the heat over the summer months.
Its unbearable seated with that thing on your face but "jumping around like a prat" as my wife puts it in a pair of shorts playing robo-recall or Gorn is sweaty to say the least.
Doesn't help my office is like a sauna

Soldato
Since i got my rift s the thing that has put me off playing most has been the heat over the summer months.
Its unbearable seated with that thing on your face but "jumping around like a prat" as my wife puts it in a pair of shorts playing robo-recall or Gorn is sweaty to say the least.
Doesn't help my office is like a sauna
Yep hot weather and vr gaming is not a good combo, I tried playing firewall on my psvr and felt like even my eyeballs were sweating

Soldato
from 2014 to end 2018 i used mine for 1000s of hrs, and gamed almost exclusively in it. (Elite Dangerous)

however this year i finally lost the love of ED and so cut back a lot..... I still dabbled however for the last 4 months i barely touched it as has been so hot.

now however i am discovering the joys of NMS in VR and FO4VR and i think coming into autumn / winter my use will go up again. (i have a 3 year old however now so it is never going to be as much as back in 2014/2015)

Associate
Sold my Rift locally as well, cash. Easy peasy.

Replaced with a Rift S. Image quality is far superior. I always found the visuals on the Oculus a bit too murky for most titles.

ON the whole, don't tend to use VR that much really. The quality of games in pancake gaming world on 127" 4K projector image + HDR for me still win out over the immersion factor. Problem is comfort - whilst i find the Rift S more comfortable than the rift, VR is still pretty uncomfortable!

Associate
I'm thinking of selling my CV1 soon so what do you guys think is a reasonable price to ask for, what did you sell yours for?
The set would comprise of the Rift headset, original remote, Touch controllers and 3-sensors (I'm keeping the xbox controller!) all in their original packaging.

Soldato
I'm thinking of selling my CV1 soon so what do you guys think is a reasonable price to ask for, what did you sell yours for?
The set would comprise of the Rift headset, original remote, Touch controllers and 3-sensors (I'm keeping the xbox controller!) all in their original packaging.

Are you getting an upgrade? And if not, does this mean I will never get to beat you in table tennis again? :(

Not sure about price, I sold mine for £250 but that was four sensors and included the Inateck card. I wanted a quick sale.

Associate
Are you getting an upgrade? And if not, does this mean I will never get to beat you in table tennis again? :(

Not sure about price, I sold mine for £250 but that was four sensors and included the Inateck card. I wanted a quick sale.

The humiliation of your beatings in table tennis was too much to bear so I've decided to throw in the towel on VR, never to don a headset again!

Only joking, although I was humiliated! :D

I am looking to upgrade mate, just want rid of the sensors now so looking to go for a Rift S but it won't be straight away as other financial commitments to sort out first.

I do have a USB card (forgot the name but it is the expensive one) as well but I shifted my PC in to a new case a while back and now for some reason only two ports work on it so not comfortable selling that with the bundle. I think £200 would be a reasonable price to suggest.

Soldato
The humiliation of your beatings in table tennis was too much to bear so I've decided to throw in the towel on VR, never to don a headset again!

Only joking, although I was humiliated! :D

I am looking to upgrade mate, just want rid of the sensors now so looking to go for a Rift S but it won't be straight away as other financial commitments to sort out first.

I do have a USB card (forgot the name but it is the expensive one) as well but I shifted my PC in to a new case a while back and now for some reason only two ports work on it so not comfortable selling that with the bundle. I think £200 would be a reasonable price to suggest.

LOL Good to hear you will be back in VR. And that sounds like a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom