When was your last speeding ticket?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
- What type of camera was it?
- What part of the country?

I have a theory, currently yet to be proven wrong, that all the old Gatso speed cameras on non-motorways no longer work.

All A roads, dual carriage ways, even town cameras don't seem to work anymore.

Even motorway ones, newer type cameras, flash but no ticket (only tested when variable speed signage not lit).

When was your last?

Note: when/if they do turn the cameras back on I'm going to be screwed!

Soldato
All the Gatso cameras in Notts & Derbyshire look knackered, falling to bits and never see them flash anyone.

I've been flashed at least twice on the M1 by the gantry cameras, doing about 80-85 (variable speed signs not lit) but never heard anything months on.

The last actual ticket and the one before that (years ago) was both by mobile speed camera vans.

I more or less agree with your theory.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
You've fitted the roof box over your number plate haven't you?
No comment :D

I've been flashed at least twice on the M1 by the gantry cameras, doing about 80-85 (variable speed signs not lit) but never heard anything months on.
There is one on the M1 I regularly set off when going to the airport and back.

My last points were after I was pulled. The last ticket I got from a gatso camera was about 2009 in stoke somewhere.

Soldato
Only 3 points about 6 years ago. Was a cop hiding at the side of the road :p

I've been flashed by the old style gatso cameras a couple of times years ago, but never received anything. I guess they stopped filling them up with film at some point.

Also a lot of them had the lenses trashed (still do), especially rural ones where there are unlikely to be witnesses. Sometimes within days of being erected.

Associate
1986 on a motorbike, no cameras of any type back then they followed you and pulled you over there and then. Had none since as they have made it much easier now with no police on the roads and the cameras and vans are obvious when approaching.:D

Associate
Average speed camera on the M4 a couple of years ago. It was ~3am and I had cruise control on. In my tiredness I didn't notice the reduction to 50mph until it was to late. Got offered the awareness course instead though.

Associate
Always seems to just be the cops hiding behind the corners that give the tickets now.
I must admit I have noticed they old cameras on a roads haven’t flashed when cars have clearly been speeding through them, north London area

Associate
Did they teach you the dangers of speeding on an empty motorway?
I thought it was actually a decent course! I liked the fact they set out to teach things. Before I got there, I thought it would be a lot more preachy "DON'T SPEED, HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF ACCIDENTS, SPEEDING IS BAD MMKAY" etc.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Also never had one. Just need to show a little common sense.
After all, the people who've not had a ticket should be the ones most annoyed here, as the people getting caught are FUNDING the ongoing deployment of speed cameras.

Man of Honour
5 years ago. Average camera on the A14 catthorpe interchange.

A work colleague got a ticket on the variable speed limit section somewhere between the M25 and Bedford (Before the average cameras for the roadworks) recently

Associate
19 years driving, none. But grateful for the cameras fitted at 30mph roads in Cambridge, which had their speed limit changed to 20mph, but haven't changed the camera tolerances, but unsure how effective a camera on a 20mph road can be.

Back
Top Bottom