*** Official Ghost Recon Breakpoint thread *** Xbox, PS4 and PC

Associate
I think I'll try this on the Uplay+ subscription for a month or two and that will do me fine, me and my friends seem to flip between co-op stuff relatively fast. It does look great though.

Soldato
The interface is utterly awful, I have no idea why games are using a free cursor on consoles anyway but this one has the worst implementation I've ever seen. Then you've got some menus using L2 and R2, some using L1 and R1.

The controls feel a bit sluggish too, I assume they've done it to add more feeling of "weight" to your character and actions but it's making the game feel quite clunky. I also don't like how pulling 'back' on the movement stick makes your character face the camera rather than step backwards. This isn't MGS.

I got frustrated and gave up on it a bit too quickly today so I'll give it another go tomorrow but my first impressions are that I'm not hugely impressed. Which is a shame, because after being a bit apprehensive about the previous game's setting and shift away from a realistic tactical shooter, my mate and I ended up putting dozens of hours into it on co-op.

Associate
OP
Going to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt on this (especially after AC:Odyssey was utterly brilliant) and will see what happens tomorrow. I've got my install ready to go on One X so will be keen to get home from work and give it a bash as don't think I'm going to be on at midnight.

Shawrey

Soldato
Yikes (might contain spoliers!)

I'm giving this a Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide berth now, might pick it up in a year, if it turns up on some amazing 70% off PSN deal.

Shame.

Edit: I appreciate that this video is for the PC version, but my concerns were for the gameplay/story aspects in this video.

Associate
OP
I am ignoring the aggro surrounding the MTX on this. They are shortcuts - pretty much in the same vein that BF and Wildlands have had before them however, all up on the store. Some items are locked behind Ghost Coins (paywall) however, purely cosmetics.

One thing I have noted that was present in the Beta but not in final release is the apparent loss of 'Vasily' as a Figure in the appearances who is is the Sniper guy. He was marked as 'Locked' in the Beta but now isn't there at all. Fixit, Fury and Nomad are there however...

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom