*** The official Apple September Event Thread - Tuesday 10th September 2019 ***

Soldato
Might be able to get an iPhone 11 through work, not 100% sure but I'll ask.

Shouldn't be a problem considering two office workers got given a new MacBook last month.

Soldato
Pros
Better battery

Cons
Price bump

Does the performance of the phone still satisfy? Pictures, screen, speed? If so, save a grand and replace the battery. Back to the original battery life, which if that was good enough, shall satisfy. If you would prefer to part with a grand though.. :p

Could always go XS just to scratch the itch if you really, really must.

Soldato
Does the performance of the phone still satisfy? Pictures, screen, speed? If so, save a grand and replace the battery. Back to the original battery life, which if that was good enough, shall satisfy. If you would prefer to part with a grand though.. :p

Could always go XS just to scratch the itch if you really, really must.

I never had any complaints about the X battery life. I have £1200 saved up ready for this.

I could never have a none OLED screen now so XR would be a no go, a downgrade from the X.

Soldato
Nothing on the S5 to make me want to upgrade. Will get an 11 Pro Max on the upgrade program - 64GB is more than enough when I pay a tiny amount for more iCloud storage, have Apple Music and over 100GB data p/m.

Soldato
I could never have a none OLED screen now so XR would be a no go, a downgrade from the X.

It’s exactly why I had to go XS, after previously having two OLED phones I couldn’t go back. Of course it’s your money, trade in value is good for the X, so an 11 Pro may be worth it to you, especially if you’re keeping your phone for two years :)

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Definitely not worth it for anyone who still has a X, XS or XS Max. Might be worth it to people with other phones, but as someone who uses a 7 plus and doesn't care about the camera that much, this just isnt worth it.

Hoping for the 2020 model to have USB-C and a 120hz display, otherwise I dont really care tbh

Associate
When pre-ordering for collection at the Apple store do you pay when ordering or when you actually collect? It was on collection the last time I did but that was 5 years ago

Soldato
I admit that it was a bit boring this year - the main interest for me was the Watch 5, even though I have the S4 it's going to be very tempting to trade in and upgrade.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I know my wife will pick up the XI Pro Max purely for the battery life.

I’ve tried explaining that having quintillion WhatsApp notifications per day is raping her battery, but she’s convinced her XS Max is broken :o

The triple camera bugs me purely because Apple circa 2014 would have at least tried to get some semblance of elegance. The tri-camera just seems like they had a brainstorming session with the tag line “how to arrange 3 cameras without putting them vertically in the centre of the phone” and this is what they came up with.

I know they’ve glossed over a lot of features in previous years but no mention of improvements to Face ID or the capacity options? For shame.

Back
Top Bottom