Received a parking ticket when moving house

Associate
If you're not wanting to ignore, sounds like you shouldn't, then send a letter and any evidence explaining the circumstances and ask for the ticket and fine to be waved. If they refuse, take them to court, the judges are human and I'm sure will understand your argument if it is as you have described.

Just done this with UKCPS (not as far as court stage). Lost permit for work, left note, went in to office to get temp pass, UKCPS ticketed me in the 5 minutes I was inside before putting the temp pass in my car! They rejected my appeal, so I took them to ombudsman and they found against UKCPS and order them to quash the ticket. I _would_ have gone to court if they'd pushed the stupidity of their original ticket.

Caporegime
who tickets cars at midnight or around that time?

sounds mental.

i'd say just pay it and move on with life as is it really worth all the hassle?

glad to have a driveway so I never have to compete for parking. the stories i hear about london are hilarious and when i was there a few weekends back it was hilarious to see it in action. why anyone lives there i'll never know. cars parked everywhere so a 2 lane road now only has space to essentially become a 1 way street with no way to turn around should you need to.

Associate
Appeal it, well, tell your van man to do so - I’ve had numerous tickets for parking whilst unloading (a 54’ long HGV) and only lost one appeal because I was asleep in the cab at the time whilst the forklift driver was having his dinner :o

If you have photos to help show your loading/unloading at the time rather than just parked then it’ll help.

Ultimately though, loading or not your still effectively bang to rights so don’t assume you’ll get a positive outcome.

Not really bang to rights (I am someone who used to be part of a management company for flats with a similar company working in the car park)

Someone posted above Pepipoo is a good place to start

Soldato
who tickets cars at midnight or around that time?

sounds mental.

i'd say just pay it and move on with life as is it really worth all the hassle?

glad to have a driveway so I never have to compete for parking. the stories i hear about london are hilarious and when i was there a few weekends back it was hilarious to see it in action. why anyone lives there i'll never know. cars parked everywhere so a 2 lane road now only has space to essentially become a 1 way street with no way to turn around should you need to.

I agree, I just got a pcn because my residents permit expired last week and I didn't realise, the pcn has the wrong street on it where it was issued, I'm not going to go through the hassle of appealing it for the sake of £25

Soldato
I agree, I just got a pcn because my residents permit expired last week and I didn't realise, the pcn has the wrong street on it where it was issued, I'm not going to go through the hassle of appealing it for the sake of £25
Why would you not? It's £25, takes you a few minutes of your time.

Back
Top Bottom