Lads today are so much more expressive

Associate
I know I'm getting old but it never ceases to surprise me just how expressive and open the younger male generation are, as opposed to my own youth. I was in a pub on Friday evening and at the end of the night there was a mixed group of about a dozen blokes and girls getting ready to leave, all in their twenties.

As is common, the girls were hugging each other and saying goodbye, but so were the blokes between themselves. Lots of hugging and touching, along with a few kisses on the cheek and comments of "Love you, man" and "love you, too" in return.

I'm certainly not criticising or condemning the behaviour whatsoever. I think its brilliant that young people are so openly expressive and it makes for a healthier and better world. But what a change from when I was a lad and I wouldn't have considered saying such things to my mates.

Has the stiff upper lip attitude of my dad's era gone forever? No complaints from me if it has.

Soldato
I feel it was probably the alcohol that plays a part in that!

I don't think I'd tell my mates I ever loved them as it just seems like a given and a weird thing to say out loud. Though on NYE I did video call my friend who moved to India whilst walking home with my partner and I broke down in tears saying I missed him and wanted him to come back. Usually we are beyond rude to each other.

Alcohol is a powerful thing!

Man of Honour
Definitely the norm amongst my groups of friends, this stuff is a lot more common throughout the continent. Men and people in general just seem a lot more expressive and warmer throughout Europe.

Back
Top Bottom