**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
A Note 10, especially when you're already on an S10 is a pretty pointless upgrade tbh.

It's an odd release anyway IMO, it's Note 10+ or don't bother, unless you're on an S6 or S7, then the Note 10 makes a bit of sense, but not much :D
I can see where you're coming from in relation to S10>Note 10 however I'd be coming from the S10e so I see the upgrades being:
Bigger screen (albeit same resolution)
Bigger battery
Updated software features, gimmicky or otherwise
25w charging
And of course the S pen.

That seems like a fairly significant upgrade?

Associate
Did anyone on here opt for the Note 10 over the 10+? What are your thoughts?
I initially dismissed it (and the plus to an extent) but I have the itch now :p.
I know it's the poor relation but I don't mind the resolution (I'd probably run the plus in full hd anyway) and I definitely wouldn't miss the sd card expansion as the 256gb is plenty for me (I've barely made a dent in the 128gb storage on my S10e).
I've come round to the Note 10 moreso because it can be purchased for well under £700 if you shop around for the right deal. And I'm not sure how I would cope with the near as darn it extra inch between the Plus and my S10e!

I use both the S10+ and the Note 10+ (work issued & personal). Both are 512GB variants. I actually prefer the actual physical size of the S10+. The rounded corners make a big difference in the overall feel of the device. The Note 10+'s boxy frame really makes it feel a lot bigger than it already is. I'd imagine someone with an S10e will think the Note10+ is in a different league.

If I were to choose one I would always keep my Note over anything else. The SPen is something I actually use on a daily basis and will be on my must-have feature whenever I will upgrade my phone in a couple of months time (also looking forward to an iPhone with pencil support).

Edit: I just realized you were referring to the regular Note 10 and not the Plus model. Still that would be an upgrade only if you can utilise the SPen.

Soldato
Well I just purchased a Note 10+ from a well known Pawn shop on fleebay for £713! Boxed and with accessories so compared to the deal of £690 for the regular 10 that seems pretty good. I should be well covered with that? These places carry out IMEI checks before they accept devices don't they? Hopefully it's not too big (said no-one ever ;))

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Lost my charger :( No idea where but it appears to be done for.

Can't find any to buy other than the 15w fast charger - wasn't the one in the box a 25w? Anyone able to get me the product number or something i can use to search?

No news on the 45w charger yet?

Soldato
Lost my charger :( No idea where but it appears to be done for.

Can't find any to buy other than the 15w fast charger - wasn't the one in the box a 25w? Anyone able to get me the product number or something i can use to search?

No news on the 45w charger yet?

Yep 25w EP-TA800

Did a search like hens teeth it seems .

h1qotgL.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
maybe its just bad compared to my huawei mate 20 pro? i only seem to have 2 bars everywhere i go when my other phone is 5 bars.

note is CAT20 & mate 20 pro is CAT 21 i wouldn't of thought it would make much of a difference or maybe its just a placebo effect of remembering how bad my note 8 was...

Associate
Oh might just be a different metering by the manufacutres.
Voice calls on this note are a little patch and I keep getting a chirping sound in the call which the other person cant hear. Just might have to try a full reset

Soldato
So what is the consensus with the SD Vs Exynos in the Note 10/+?
I know there are some ardent Snapdragon warriors out there who swore by it on the S10 line but I'm wondering with new 7nm Exynos is there any noticeable difference?
There are some good deals for SD variants but then the Exynos is just that little bit newer.

Associate
Well I just purchased a Note 10+ from a well known Pawn shop on fleebay for £713! Boxed and with accessories so compared to the deal of £690 for the regular 10 that seems pretty good. I should be well covered with that? These places carry out IMEI checks before they accept devices don't they? Hopefully it's not too big (said no-one ever ;))

You are covered more by that pawnshop then if you bought one off someone on ebay selling as part of an upgrade. If the person ever reports the phone stolen or cancels the contract at least you can get your cashback off the pawn shop.

Friend bought her phone from ebay from a private seller as an upgrade and it got banned from the network after half a year..

Soldato
Friend bought her phone from ebay from a private seller as an upgrade and it got banned from the network after half a year..
Half a year!? That's crazy. You'd have thought there would be a time limit on such shenanigans. For instance should a phone not be reported stolen and therefore blocked within 30 days? Although I guess it's all down to when it's reported.
Some people can be absolute tools. What is the seller gaining out of such behaviour? They've been paid so why do it.

Associate
Half a year!? That's crazy. You'd have thought there would be a time limit on such shenanigans. For instance should a phone not be reported stolen and therefore blocked within 30 days? Although I guess it's all down to when it's reported.
Some people can be absolute tools. What is the seller gaining out of such behaviour? They've been paid so why do it.

It could be any number of reasons. Its a risk you take when you buy from private sellers selling upgrade handsets. After a while on ebay its harder to raise disputes if a phone gets blocked etc.

I have been buying new handsets on ebay for years though and never had issues. ( Brand new unlocked worldwide imports that is )

Just have to be careful and do your research.

My P30 pro 512gb brand new only cost just over £600

Back
Top Bottom