Spitting Image to return?

Capodecina
Soldato
There are rumours that Spitting Image is to return . . . but apparently on a US network and targeted at US politics . . . presumably the chaos that is Britain today as epitomised by the recumbent Jacob Rees Mogg, Bonker Boris, (Mine's a pint) Farage and their puppet-master Dominic Cummings is beyond satire :(

Soldato
Would love to see Spitting Image back as long it’s puppet based not that CGI stuff to make them look the original puppets.

Our political chaos is ripe for them, given their peak was in the 80’s when we were going through the decimation of our industries.

Soldato
How do you even operate in real life when you're constantly having a melt down about the Tories? Maybe you should just take some time away from reading the news, it's not that big of a deal, life will go on who ever is in government. You just seem absolutely obsessed and deranged

Associate
Agree that it needs to come back as puppets and not any form of CGI :)

I don't think it will come back though, the lefties/SJWs/whatever they call themselves would get their knickers in a twist with some of the caricatures - people get triggered far too easily these days :(

Soldato
How do you even operate in real life when you're constantly having a melt down about the Tories? Maybe you should just take some time away from reading the news, it's not that big of a deal, life will go on who ever is in government. You just seem absolutely obsessed and deranged

I dunno, I think spitting image puppets of Corbyn and Abbot, would be absolutely side-splittingly hilarious, if done like the originals were :)

Soldato
Agree that it needs to come back as puppets and not any form of CGI :)

I don't think it will come back though, the lefties/SJWs/whatever they call themselves would get their knickers in a twist with some of the caricatures - people get triggered far too easily these days :(

I don’t think you remember the original Spitting Image, everyone was fair game and each side enjoyed it nevertheless.

Associate
I don’t think you remember the original Spitting Image, everyone was fair game and each side enjoyed it nevertheless.

That's exactly my point, back in the day it pulled no punches but these days people are too soft and get triggered at the slightest thing.

E: I'm not necessarily talking about the people who are 'starring' in spitting image, but more the general people who get triggered about nothings and then decide to write drivel about it - I should have been more clear! :)

Such like has happened to Dave Chappelle's latest stand up, was a SUPERB show and some people took shots at him.

Comedy seems to be the target of SJWs at the moment :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I dunno, I think spitting image puppets of Corbyn and Abbot, would be absolutely side-splittingly hilarious, if done like the originals were :)

I'm ready to laugh at good jokes about the Tories even Farage if it's not excessively cruel and callous. Spitting Image always had this line that they didn't cross where they poked fun without it descending into just tory bashing like most left-wing comics are these days. Let's face it, spitting image of the past gave the opposition just as much flak and just as funny if not more so, it was always fair and balanced but that's where i worry about comedy writers, they're a different breed these days with blinkers and tunnel vision and would likely use it as a soap-box

If the US version is just 30mins of Trump bashing then what's really the point?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm ready to laugh at good jokes about the Tories even Farage if it's not excessively cruel and callous. Spitting Image always had this line that they didn't cross where they poked fun without it descending into just tory bashing like most left-wing comics are these days. Let's face it, spitting image of the past gave the opposition just as much flak and just as funny if not more so, it was always fair and balanced but that's where i worry about comedy writers, they're a different breed these days with blinkers and tunnel vision and would likely use it as a soap-box

This.

We already have YouTube if we want Trump bashing.

Soldato

I agree, I think the original spitting image writers were just having a laugh at everybody, whereas perhaps nowadays it would end up being a bit one-sided.

Back
Top Bottom