Gears 5 - out now

Caporegime
You guys know you are supposed to break the ice to freeze the matriarch in place, right?

I used the shotgun in that fight but a Boltok magnum would also be a good choice...

Break ice with gun
Run behind and get close
Use scan for 20% damage boost and 'reload' on the line for extra damage
Blast away.

Soldato
You guys know you are supposed to break the ice to freeze the matriarch in place, right?

I used the shotgun in that fight but a Boltok magnum would also be a good choice...

Break ice with gun
Run behind and get close
Use scan for 20% damage boost and 'reload' on the line for extra damage
Blast away.
It still takes a while, i was breaking the ice but it was just a pita at points, especially when vision gets limited.

Soldato
Hey guys,

How do people setup their keyboard and mouse for the online?
First time I'm playing it on pc, been using a controller so far it's ok as I've been playing gears for years, but the keyboard and mouse have the advantage.

Thanks

Soldato
Hey guys,

How do people setup their keyboard and mouse for the online?
First time I'm playing it on pc, been using a controller so far it's ok as I've been playing gears for years, but the keyboard and mouse have the advantage.

Thanks
Kept everything stock. You'll soon get used to it

Caporegime
OP
Well impressed with this. Only done chapter 1 but it's amazing how easy it feels to fit right back in to a Gears game after an extended period with chainsaw executions, active reloading, etc. The graphics are amazeballs - the only thing that's missing is the vegetation reacting as you move through it. They haven't implemented that which just spoils the immersion slightly.

Soldato
It's just such a shame the ranked matchmaking is so bad. 9/10 games I get put in a US server with a ping over 120. Makes ranking up almost impossible.

Caporegime
Just finished the campaign. I enjoyed it, although it's a bit short and was surprised it ended when it did.

Who did you save, Del or JD?

I went for Del as he had been my bro all the way through and was an all round nice guy.

Last edited:
Associate
Just finished the campaign. I enjoyed it, although it's a bit short and was surprised it ended when it did.

Who did you save, Del or JD?

I went for Del as he had been my bro all the way through and was an all round nice guy.

Same as you, really enjoyed it but it was a bit short and i took my time as well

saved the same as you for the same reason

Caporegime
OP
Is my running this game from an external USB 3 HDD causing the weird pauses I’m getting during gameplay? Or should I really not be running at 4K with a 1070?

NM: I can run it at 4K60 no problem by turning a couple of the settings from Ultra to High. Now the stuttering has gone.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't wait to get into this when my new rig is built in a few days. Horde mode on GOW2 was my favourite online gaming experience, loved it! Gonna be hammering it! Lemme know if any of you are up for teaming up on that.

Back
Top Bottom