• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2060 Super or RX 5700 XT

Associate
Hey!

I'm looking at upgrading my 1060 6gb to one of these two and wondered if there's any thoughts out there on what is the best to get.

Current pros I can see from both of them:

2060 Super: Get Call of Duty included in the price, a game that I will be buying anyway)
RX 5700 XT: FreeSync Capability for my monitor.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be my best bet? I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

Thanks!

Associate
Personally id go for the 5700xt, performance is close to that of the 2070s all the while costing the same as a 2060s. The only thing that would sway me towards the 2060s is receiving COD MW for free, you can practically take off £60 which makes it appealing.

OcUK Staff
Personally id go for the 5700xt, performance is close to that of the 2070s all the while costing the same as a 2060s. The only thing that would sway me towards the 2060s is receiving COD MW for free, you can practically take off £60 which makes it appealing.

AMD cards now come with Borderlands 3 or Ghost Recon Breakpoint. So just as good bundle if not better as you still get Xbox 3 month pass and access to Gears 5 also.

So 5700 XT all the way if you ask me! :)

But 2070S at £459 here is also an epic offer too. :)

Soldato
5700 XT stomps all over the 2060S. And since you have a Freesync monitor already, there just isn't a discussion to be had. Don't cheap out on longevity just because the 2060 saves you the cost of a game, especially if you can sell on the 2 games that come with the 5700 XT.

Soldato
Hey!

I'm looking at upgrading my 1060 6gb to one of these two and wondered if there's any thoughts out there on what is the best to get.

Current pros I can see from both of them:

2060 Super: Get Call of Duty included in the price, a game that I will be buying anyway)
RX 5700 XT: FreeSync Capability for my monitor.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be my best bet? I'd be grateful for any suggestions!

Thanks!

5700XT of course

OcUK Staff
Associate
OP
Thanks all - that's helped a lot! Seems pretty one sided! I'll take a look at the 5700 XT in more depth, any aftermarket ones you'd suggest?

In terms of PSU, I've got a Seasonic Focus Plus 550W 80 Plus Gold Modular

Soldato
The PowerColour one seems to be the cheapest - are there any issues with it you know of?
2 year warranty is a sticking point for some people. I think the Sapphire Pulse is only £10 more than the PC Red Dragon.

But then you can save a good chunk o cash getting a reference card and tune it with a proper fan curve and undervolting.

Associate
OP
2 year warranty is a sticking point for some people. I think the Sapphire Pulse is only £10 more than the PC Red Dragon.

But then you can save a good chunk o cash getting a reference card and tune it with a proper fan curve and undervolting.

Reference card, same as all other reference cards, no difference, just buy the cheapest one. :)

Cheers both, I'll take a look.
So just to confirm, will 550W be okay for the card? Seasonic Focus Plus 550W 80 Plus Gold Modular, only a year old

Associate
AMD cards now come with Borderlands 3 or Ghost Recon Breakpoint. So just as good bundle if not better as you still get Xbox 3 month pass and access to Gears 5 also.

So 5700 XT all the way if you ask me! :)

But 2070S at £459 here is also an epic offer too. :)

Oh dont do this to me. . i keep getting tempted by the 5700xt but the vega is holding its own at the minute and i dont really have a reason to change it.

Associate
5700 XT stomps all over the 2060S. And since you have a Freesync monitor already, there just isn't a discussion to be had. Don't cheap out on longevity just because the 2060 saves you the cost of a game, especially if you can sell on the 2 games that come with the 5700 XT.

+1 on that.

Back
Top Bottom